• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dynahoe

rpspeed

I feel like its Big Muskie when I play with it in my back yard. I have more pictures of me digging trees out of my yard if any one wants to see. Now that the trees are gone its a over kill (Big Muskie rotortiller) for my garden. On the Koering answer was the swing forward and back on one control or was it side to side and was the boom and arm on the same control + what where the three pedals on the floor for. Thank you for answering my questions.

Pelicanroost

Dinah da Ho

Minnpar has some parts available but are somewhat pricey. Wish I could find another cheapy I could just use for parts. I got my 490 off Ebay. Wound up with $13,200 in her delivered from NJ. She has long ago paid for herself. Built a house last year and did the site work myself with Dinah. Had some pretty good size trees to get out. Rear wheel steering took some getting used too. She is a bit heavy at about 24,500. I recently crushed an underground septic line. That was no fun.

If I knew how I'd post a picture of her.

Later, Pel

Pelicanroost

Lets see if this works

1148273169082_ho1.JPG

groundbreakb.JPG

groundbreakc.JPG

groundbreaka.JPG

Hum, it made links instead of posting th pics.

Oh well, Pel

Last edited:

Pelicanroost

Maybe this is it

Found a post on adding pics. Lets see if I am smart enough to do this.

YES!! It works.

Attachments

• 1148273169082_ho1.JPG
    1148273169082_ho1.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 3,910
  • groundbreakb.JPG
    groundbreakb.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,738
  • groundbreaka.JPG
    groundbreaka.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,733
  • groundbreakc.JPG
    groundbreakc.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 3,669

drag1line

Just a friendly caution..Never let anything fall into the boom opening for the arm cylinder. It will jam and then bend the arm cylinder rod.

Pelicanroost

Yes, I read about that possibility somewhere. I try to keep trash cleared out thru the cleanout hole. The dipper stick cylinder did blow a seal. That thing is a monster. Used my bucket truck to lift it out and put it back.

Just so y'all know I don't use Ms Dinah to make a living. I just always wanted a backhoe and have finally reached the point in my life that I am getting a few of the toys is desire. When folks asked me why I bought a backhoe I'd just say, "Cause I didn't have one". Oh, told 'em the same thing after I bought the bucket truck.

Later, Pel

rpspeed

For Pelicanroost

Sorry for the slow response, here are some pictures of me removing trees. I dread removing the dipper cyclinder. Can you give me advice for replacing the hydraulic hoses?

Attachments

• Picture 430.jpg
    Picture 430.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 2,606
  • Picture 424.jpg
    Picture 424.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 2,682

Pelicanroost

I was fortunate to have a bucket truck to use lifting out the cylinder. It is a massive very heavy cylinder. Maybe a stout tree limb high enough to hang a chain hoist on. The hoses were not a big problem to change. You can get to them with the side plates off, just not much working room.

Good luck, Pel

caterpillar33

brake problem

Hi guy's, my toy is a 190 dynahoe 1974 and when i press the brake pedal , i dont feeling a pression and the brake dont working anymore but the transmission are disengage.

anyone have advice or picture to help my

thanks

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I didn't see any mention of the largest Dynahoe,the 200-4--that beast has a 2.5 yd. loader bucket and you almost need a football field to turn around.I ran one once for a few hours--very powerful,but clumsy as hell.

Pelicanroost

"weighs 16 ton"

'Ya load 16 tons and whatda ya get, another day older and deeper in debt'

Man, I would love to have that thing. I could really destroy some stuff with it.

:) Pel

"digs 20' deep" - They'd never find the bodies - :D

Last edited:

insleyboy

Occupation
Operator 25 years, was laborer for 7 years
Machine was made as a hoe, but it's destination became a destructo machine! Dynahoe 190 in Melvidale Mich was fitted with a hammer -from-heaven. The tra-mac hammer more fitted for an excavator was mounted on the 190's A hammering son of a gum in the 80's/90's refinery and steel mill work here in Detroit!

xeliteforcex

Transmission issues Dynahoe

Alright i am having issues with my dads Dynahoe

Here is the deal i am gonna very general at this point see if you could help me i will Be very detailed in my next post with pictures and schematics hoping for someone to be able to help me out.

I have taken the beasts transmission out 6x ! now and still cant figure out what is preventing the transmission from building up the torque to move.

So i put it into drive after its all started up and everything the body moves a lil bit and if you rev the engine up high the wheels begin to move but just barely. same result when i put it in reverse. all the hydraulics swing up and down.

Currently Transmission is in two parts casing and clutch still attached to Dynahoe and 1st and second drive gear at my shop.

i have all schematics for the transmission for assembling and disassembling whatever i have done wrong or have forgotton is preventing the tranny from running.

If you can help me and require certain details please ask and i will provide everything i can.

Thanks in Advance for all efforts in helping me.