• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dynahoe

Dynahoe

Hello,

Does anyone know if Dynahoe made a model C machine? I'm buying a Dynahoe and there is no number like 140, 160 next to the model. Just a C. Also does anyone know where I can get an operators manual and service manual for a Dynahoe.

Thanks for any help you can can give.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Welcome to HeavyEquipmentForums!!!:drinkup

I don't claim to be a Dynahoe expert, the've been around longer than me, but all I've seen are the number models you mention. Could the C be the series perhaps, as in Cat, New Holland, etc?

cat320

Charter Member
They are a soild strong machine but slow as molases when it comes to moving/driving to another job.The 4x4 models i think 290 where like having a loader and excavator in one machine I know alot of towns and big contractors had them around when i was a kid. now your lucky to see any around.

itsgottobegreen

The big 4x4 dynahoe could push like a dozer. They also leak like nothing else on the backhoe itself. Usually they need a 5 gallon bucket of hydro oil every morning.

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Here's a pretty good list of Dynahoe models. It's not all inclusive, but has most of them. I don't remember hearing of a "c" series, but it's not impossible. Ebay seems to have a couple of Dynahoe manuals every so often. Good luck

Attachments

• Dynahoe Production.doc
    29 KB · Views: 3,137

dayexco

if i'm not mistaken, dynahoe was a product of bucyrus erie. maybe a search on the net for someone who handles old bucyrus parts maybe able to help you

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Yes they were made by bucyrus-erie for a while. I think Terex later bought the Dynahoe name and I'm pretty sure that you can get parts for Dynahoe through Terex now.

rpspeed

dynahoe model #

My dynahoe is a 1978 it says model B on the backhoe boom. Model C would have been a 1979 or newer model I have a toy Dynahoe that is a model 490K
Good luck finding operators manual.

rpspeed

Bucyrus Erie acquired Hy-Dynamic Company in 1971 Frank G. Hough came up with the first Dynahoe thay where the principal product of the Hy-Dynamic Company. Bucyrus Erie kept building them till the mid 80s I believe. Then thay Bucyrus sold that part of the company to Northwest and then Terex aquired Northwest I think.

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
I worked on a Dynahoe once that had a 353 Detroit. The shuttle started to slip bad and I sent the discs out to be relined. Never was able to locate any new seals for it. As I recall there was a short drive shaft between the transmission and what looked like a truck rearend. It was a beefy machine, especially the hoe part, and probably from the 60's. Dynahoe's, especially the early ones always stood out no matter where they were. I saw one at an auction a few years ago that was a 4x4 and it was huge. Good luck. Phil:)

rpspeed

my Dynahoe

My Dynahoe has a 353 Detroit engine. It has 8100 hours on the meter I put 150 of those on myself. When I got her she needed the two front lift cylinders resealed and one stabilizer would not lift + she needed the brakes repaired. I keep fresh oil in her and new filters and rotate the batterys around. She leaks out of the shuttle but I keep obsorbent pads under her and allway keep an eye on the fluid level.

Thanks for writing do you know any thing about the 1970s Koehring 1066 1166 or 1266 excavators. How the controls worked.

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
We need a picture of her:p, only a mother could love:). It's commendable of you to keep her in good shape. I was never too impressed with the one I fixed for a friend that time, but the work one of these machines can do is amazing, considering their age. I remember the machine having that Terex lime green colour. I was able to order that colour from an equipment dealer, recently. No problem getting engine parts anyway. Phil:)

drag1line

Dyna Hoe

Been in this business too long. Look up a company called Malvesi or similar in New Jersey. He was the number one Dynahoe dealer in the world and probably could help you.
Yes, your machine was made by Bucyrus-Erie in Erie Pennsylvania.
Good Luck

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
The old Koehring 1266's had air over hydraulic controls in em. I got to run one for about 2 hrs 3 years ago. It was an old ugly beast but the detroits behind me were just screamin. You could hardly hear the air valves working under you.

drag1line

Steve..uh...You been around this stuff too long too.
And to the Koering question, the long levers had thumb buttons on them..air valve for the arm and bucket.
Have a good one.

rpspeed

Picture for Phil

Here's my baby, even my wife likes her.

Attachments

• COOL DYNAHOE.jpg
    COOL DYNAHOE.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 3,005

drag1line

Hey, to make you like it even more. Do an internet search for "Big Muskie", the world's largest mobil land machine...Same company that built that. built your baby!

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
I think Malvese was the Dynahoe dealer in New York and Binder Machinery was the dealer in NJ.