• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dream beach house built on wrong lot

d9gdon

The ironic part is that the 'owner' of the house is a property management and real estate company owner too. You'd think he'd have a little background with property boundaries.

The owner of the lot is sure sitting pretty now. I wonder if he had the same dream.

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
Doh!!! That could get expensive! If the owner of the lot demanded not to switch lots I guess he could demand the house be torn down and the grass be replanted on "his lot". That would not be the neighborly thing to do but wouldn't that just ruin the builders day.

lumberjack

I'm pretty sure there will be some hard feelings regarding the disparity of the purchase price of the respective lots. Sounds like there is plenty of blame to go around between the builder and the two survey companies.

delsolgirl

Occupation
administrative assistant
The ironic part is that the 'owner' of the house is a property management and real estate company owner too. You'd think he'd have a little background with property boundaries.

The owner of the lot is sure sitting pretty now. I wonder if he had the same dream.

I thought the same thing. I work in property mgt. Any smart owner would oversee a project like this to some degree. Sure it's a big mistake, but the main burden falls on the owner.