1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Dream beach house built on wrong lot

Discussion in 'Jobsite Coordination' started by Stump Knocker, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Stump Knocker

Stump Knocker Well-Known Member

Retired
  2. d9gdon

d9gdon Senior Member

The ironic part is that the 'owner' of the house is a property management and real estate company owner too. You'd think he'd have a little background with property boundaries.

The owner of the lot is sure sitting pretty now. I wonder if he had the same dream.

3. Hardline

Hardline Senior Member

Small business owner
    Doh!!! That could get expensive! If the owner of the lot demanded not to switch lots I guess he could demand the house be torn down and the grass be replanted on "his lot". That would not be the neighborly thing to do but wouldn't that just ruin the builders day.

4. lumberjack

lumberjack Senior Member

I'm pretty sure there will be some hard feelings regarding the disparity of the purchase price of the respective lots. Sounds like there is plenty of blame to go around between the builder and the two survey companies.

5. CRAFT

CRAFT Senior Member

30 yrs Owner/Operator
    Sounds Like a Job for "Judge JUDY" ……. LMAO

6. Hardline

Hardline Senior Member

Small business owner
    I got 99 problems. Luckily that ain't one of them.

7. joispoi

joispoi Senior Member

I couldn't have said it better.

8. delsolgirl

delsolgirl New Member

administrative assistant
    I thought the same thing. I work in property mgt. Any smart owner would oversee a project like this to some degree. Sure it's a big mistake, but the main burden falls on the owner.