• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

Landclearer

Normal week here. Several different jobs. At least I don't get tired of one job:D

Early morning load of mulch.

Field 002.jpg

Some more of the pond digging.

Field 003.jpg

Field 004.jpg

Field 005.jpg

Clearing another road of the same project as the pond.

Field 008.jpg

Landclearer

Cutting in for curb, Please take note of my GPS. It only cost $.11;)

Field 009.jpg

Field 010.jpg

Field 011.jpg

And last but not least, a little grinding job, just started grinding some live oak.

Field 012.jpg

Field 013.jpg

Hitachi225

Looks good! I'm curious what made you decide on the 5710 and what you really like or really don't like about it ? Did you compare it to competitive brands ? Ie - morbark, cbi , etc . I am looking to possibly add a new grinder in the next little bit . Thanks !

Landclearer

Looks good! I'm curious what made you decide on the 5710 and what you really like or really don't like about it ? Did you compare it to competitive brands ? Ie - morbark, cbi , etc . I am looking to possibly add a new grinder in the next little bit . Thanks !

Hitachi225, yes we did compare the 5710 to Morbark machines. We even demoed a 6600 on wheels against the 5710. The production of the 5710 was as good as the 6600 and we fell in love with having tracks. The 6600 on tracks weighs over 100k vs around 85k so it would be real tough to move the 6600 around. We also like the airbag system on the Peterson vs the torque limiter. The only things I don't like on the Peterson are small things like some grease fittings that are tough to get to and I would like to have some bolt on wear plates inside the grinding chamber. Overall the Peterson has done everything we have asked of it plus some. As for CBI there are no dealers which is a turn off for us.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That GPS is one slick trick!:D It's been a while since I graded for slip form curb but I'm using that next time. Most of the small commercial sites have form curb and we use the ol' 4' level and hubs.

Landclearer

That GPS is one slick trick!:D It's been a while since I graded for slip form curb but I'm using that next time. Most of the small commercial sites have form curb and we use the ol' 4' level and hubs.

Thanks CM! Sometimes simple is just better. I had it on the 6K, set the speed to 1.0 and ran it full throttle. Curb machine guy was happy as can be, never even ran the trimmer on his machine.

Landclearer

Finished clearing the road and a ditch we had to fill as well as getting the trees ground up. Got most of the fill on the road as well. Should get that finished tomorrow. The contractor we cleared for wanted us to strip the road and fill so they supplied the ADT's and the fill.

Clearing the ditch

road fill 002.jpg

road fill 003.jpg

road fill 004.jpg

1600 gpm pump:D To lazy to get the 3 inch pump!

road fill 005.jpg

Getting ready to grind

road fill 006.jpg

Fastdirt

Thanks, LC for that comment over there. As always some great jobs with great equipment here. Love that contractor's hire your outfit to clear and if we didn't know better I'd say those machines never spent a day around clearing by how good they look.

12 loads an hour is getting it done. I guess you would call that "fill" and not dirt obviously. Looks very green in all your pics like it's nice and warm and easy pushing too it looks. Bet those trees/stumps go right over too. Living the dream :)

Landclearer

Thanks Fastdirt. You know as well as I do that nobody is giving out machines for free so we better take good care of the ones we got just like you. I think the way your equipment looks is also a reflection of your work, not true all the time though. I have seen some guys do great looking work with stuff that looks like it should be in a boneyard.

As for our "dirt" it is the sand from below the water table and yes it is a bluish green color. Not bad when it has some moisture but a pain when it is dry. Depending on the type of tree and the ground elevation determines how the trees come out.

Landclearer

First group of pictures is of a big conduit job we have. I guess we put in about 8000ft so far. The next group is of some emergency beach work. We are hauling the sand for the sandbags and placing them with the 300.

beach 003.jpg

beach 005.jpg

beach 006.jpg

beach 007.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
LC, I look forward to your Sunday updates. Thanks for sharing.:drinkup

I'm behind on my pic posting, I need to catch up.:D

What's the conduit for - telecom, power?

JDOFMEMI

LC

I really enjoy your thread and all of the variety of work you get to do.

I would post more pictures, but most of my customers have no picture clauses in their contracts. I take them anyway, but don't post anything, as that would cause trouble.

Landclearer

LC, I look forward to your Sunday updates. Thanks for sharing.:drinkup

I'm behind on my pic posting, I need to catch up.:D

What's the conduit for - telecom, power?

Thanks CM, glad you like the updates and yes you are behind on your pics:D

Yes the conduits are for Power and telephone.

I would have posted earlier but had to put more sandbags on the beach today.

Landclearer

LC

I really enjoy your thread and all of the variety of work you get to do.

I would post more pictures, but most of my customers have no picture clauses in their contracts. I take them anyway, but don't post anything, as that would cause trouble.

I do like the variety as well. Always something different. I do understand the no picture deal. Not many jobs we work on do we have to worry about that. I try to put something on every Sunday and thanks for looking.

AKSNOW

Occupation
Heavy Eqpt / NCCO Crane operator
What's the deal with the sandbags? Are you lining the entire outer bend? Thanks!

Landclearer

They are going to line the entire cut until they get a permit for the renourishment. Seems to be working. They have another 2000 bags on the way.