• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

Landclearer

They delivered the trailer yesterday and the truck should be here tomorrow. Should have pics next weekend!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
LC Cummins makes Paccar engines so it should be the same truck if the HP is the same.

Landclearer

LC Cummins makes Paccar engines so it should be the same truck if the HP is the same.

Hey CM, the small Paccar motors, the PX series are Cummins, the bigger MX are actually DAF motors. The MX are a lot more like Cats. The torque is on the bottom end.

Landclearer

Sweet, good you werent too awful long without a truck. Is it brand new?

Nedly, yes we got a new one. We needed a truck bad and did not have time to go looking for a good used truck. We will keep it forever so we figured that was the fastest and best thing to do.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Hey CM, the small Paccar motors, the PX series are Cummins, the bigger MX are actually DAF motors. The MX are a lot more like Cats. The torque is on the bottom end.

I did not know that, thanks for the info, I thought they made the whole line. Isn't the new "Cat" engine in the Cat trucks a Man/International joint venture engine?

Landclearer

I am not sure about the new Cats. At one point Cat and International worked together and came up with the Maxforce but I am not real sure about the details. It will very interesting to see how the new truck does with a load.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I am not sure about the new Cats.

Me neither, I've just read some stuff about them.

Makes one want to drop a reman 3406 with your choice of trans in a glider and call it a day.:D

Landclearer

Me neither, I've just read some stuff about them.

Makes one want to drop a reman 3406 with your choice of trans in a glider and call it a day.:D

Hard to beat a 3406! We looked for a glider at a couple of Pete dealers and Carolina Cat but they did not have anything.

Landclearer

Here are a couple pics of the new truck before it left the dealer. My camera batteries are dead and the charger seems to have walked off somewhere. You could not ask for a better experience than we had with the dealer(Whited Pete). Great people and service. He said they will sell a truck anywhere in the country.

20141107_154200_resized (1).jpg

20141107_154306_resized (1).jpg

Shimmy1

Landclearer, I've asked before, I believe, but have you ever ran a Cat CTL? Going to buy a new loader and just wondering how SV 90 stacks up next to Cat.

Landclearer

Hi Shimmy, I have run a Cat ctl. We did not like the machine at all, sold it and bought the Kubota. Not sure you could ask for anymore than our SVL 90. I think you can even get ride control on the new ones. I would not think twice about getting another Kubota. Easy to run and easy to service. Very well built and designed.

Shimmy1

What didn't the guys like about the Cat? We are demo-ing a Case right next to the Cat and can't stand it. Slow hyd, noisy as hell in cab, ridiculous front door design, I could list more. I like the front window design of the Kubota, just wonder if they are as seamless in the cab as the Cat.

Landclearer

The biggest trouble was with the electro hyd controls. No response and when it did move it would jump. They flashed software a bunch if times and changed settings and nothing helped. We got tired if paying for a machine that everyone hated so we got rid of it. Yes the windshield on the Kubota is great. No matter where the loader is you can get in or out. The Kubota also has a little trap door so you can sweep the floor out:D

Shimmy1

Thanks, LC. I did think the Cat was a little jumpy, but it's been around 10°F and contributed it to the temp and things being a bit stiff. Even so, my opinion of Case next to it was junk. Pretty harsh but I wasn't the only one to think so. I am going to try to get a Kubota to try.

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Not taking into account the problems I've had with my CASE, I have to say that the door, and cleaning out the tracks and plumbing behind the drive motors ticks me off the most. The slow hyd. settings can be changed easily. Baring any unforeseen holdups, I'll be trading the CASE for an SVL90 in the spring.