• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
I know and we have to have at least $1,000,000. to walk on the job. just be glad that they didn't try to say that your truck crossed the line that's normally what happens to me. what year is it?

Landclearer

We were lucky, there were witnesses that came forward and said she crossed the line. The police report said she was at fault. Yes, same here on insurance, we have a million plus an extra million umbrella policy. I think the truck is a 2011.

clintm

Occupation
pre DEF good luck finding another one. Good Used truck prices have gone out of sight this year so keep that in mind when settling with insurance co .my broker always tell me that he must replace it with like when totaling but theres the problem they don't understand specs on truck's .I would be on truck paper right now locating replacements and cost's there wasn't that many truck sold between 2008 and 2012 good luck finding a replacement

Landclearer

That is a good point. I did no think about that. I think it would be nearly impossible to find something equal to that truck it the condition it was in.

dirty4fun

Man that is a bummer the truck did look pretty darn good. Glad that no one got hurt to badly, thou will be sore for a while I bet.

Landclearer

Man that is a bummer the truck did look pretty darn good. Glad that no one got hurt to badly, thou will be sore for a while I bet.

Yes it was a good looking truck. I took a picture of it before it left the job that morning. I don't even want to look at that picture.

clintm

Occupation
I went back and looked at your pict's of it earlier .you should post it on here ---min before and after. you will most likely have to prove to insurance what it will cost to replace it so start printing off ones listed for sale now. what was it's specs, if you find something in my area I'll be glad to go look at it for you so you don't waste a trip up here my yard is next to all the truck dealer's new and used but everybody want's a good used day cab petercar. there is a local over the road dump trailer company that has a lot of day cab pets air ride daul exhaust but I think they are all 10 spds

Landclearer

Clintm, we went to the dealer we bought the truck from and he might have something for us, not sure yet. The truck was speced heavy. 46 rears, 18 speed, 550 Cummins, dual wetline, fancy interior plus all the gingerbread. I really do appreciate the offer to look at a truck for us! That is also a good idea about finding something close and printing it out for the insurance. Can never have to much info.

clintm

Occupation
kinda figured it was heavy specs probley double frame too. you might find some thing close specs in west virgina coal area but most of the time those trucks have been road hard and never put up. thats way I try to buy truck's over spec them and keep them forever there are also some big horse power ,rears,18spds in Utah area for pulling double trailers. Also go on richtie bros .com and see what they have been selling lately. you may want to look at a glider kit and reuse your engine and trans the only drawback is the down time. Fitzgerald trucks in tenn. builds a bunch with pre emission detriots in them you may want to look at them I heard that the local dump trailer fleet has some coming because they can't keep their new one's out of the shop

Colorado Digger

LandClearer, What a bummer! Glad to hear there was no fatalities except a for the truck and trailer. I agree with Clint, you are going to have to be proactive if you get anywhere with the insurance. Hopefully they take care of you and you have a unit back on the road quickly. The 25k in liability on the other driver's part is crap.

Good Luck, CD

alaskaforby4

Occupation
Owner Operator
Awesome thread, love seeing great work and nicely cared for machines sorry to see the wreck, maybe Fastdirt will sell you his Pete. haha :D

Sawdus22

Wow. Just wow. I gotta say I got a sick feeling in my stomach when I saw that picture. I'm glad your brother is ok and no one got seriously injured. It's crazy that our state only requires 25k for insurance thats nuts.

I haven't posted much on your thread lately but I have been looking! Everything looks great and I hope yall bounce back from this accident. Stay safe.

Landclearer

kinda figured it was heavy specs probley double frame too. you might find some thing close specs in west virgina coal area but most of the time those trucks have been road hard and never put up. thats way I try to buy truck's over spec them and keep them forever there are also some big horse power ,rears,18spds in Utah area for pulling double trailers. Also go on richtie bros .com and see what they have been selling lately. you may want to look at a glider kit and reuse your engine and trans the only drawback is the down time. Fitzgerald trucks in tenn. builds a bunch with pre emission detriots in them you may want to look at them I heard that the local dump trailer fleet has some coming because they can't keep their new one's out of the shop

We have been thinking about gliders. Some loggers around here are running them with good results. We have found a few new trucks speced good. Hopefully we will hear from the insurance company tomorrow so we can get a better handle on what to do.

Landclearer

Awesome thread, love seeing great work and nicely cared for machines sorry to see the wreck, maybe Fastdirt will sell you his Pete. haha :D

Glad you enjoy the post. I like posting pics on here and hearing from guys like yourself and seeing jobs and how they do things In other parts of the country. I am pretty sure Fastdirt wouldn't give up his Pete:D

Landclearer

Wow. Just wow. I gotta say I got a sick feeling in my stomach when I saw that picture. I'm glad your brother is ok and no one got seriously injured. It's crazy that our state only requires 25k for insurance thats nuts.

I haven't posted much on your thread lately but I have been looking! Everything looks great and I hope yall bounce back from this accident. Stay safe.

I appreciate that Sawdus. I know about the sick feeling like when I got the call about it. That was bad! The 25k is a joke if you ask me. When you think about it, what would that cover other than a minor accident.

Thanks for the compliments on the post and we will keep plugging along. I will keep everyone posted on things as they come along.

joispoi

Sorry to hear about the wreck. Glad he's okay, but it sounds like he's going to be feeling it for a while. It's a shame about the truck, too. I hope the insurance company treats you right.

clintm

Occupation
Land clearer I sent you a PM on one of my customer's trucks call me if you are interested.

Landclearer

Sorry to hear about the wreck. Glad he's okay, but it sounds like he's going to be feeling it for a while. It's a shame about the truck, too. I hope the insurance company treats you right.

Thanks! Yes he is going to feel it for a while. You should see the bruises!