• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 319D aux hydraulics not working

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF 323jd;)!

Should have started your own thread rather than piggyback another.

Will need a complete serial number.

523693.04 - Aux Hyd Channel 1 Input out of Range Low
523694.04 - Aux Channel 2 Input out of Range Low
523694.12 - Aux Channel 2 Input Device Fault

Press and hold the menu button for 5 seconds until "service menu" appears in the monitor. In the service menu you will get an option to clear the codes. Clear the codes. See what comes back. While in service mode go to diagnostics/right joystick and see if the Roller Channel 1 and 2 change when operating the roller. Post the results.

323jd

Sorry for posting in the wrong area new here. I tried roller test and it stayed at zero no matter which way I went. Here is my serial number. I can’t seem to find out how to reset the codes. Thanks for your help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7

323jd

Now it shows 2.54 volts when I don’t touch anything and it doesn’t change when I move the roller. I wish I new how to check the voltages at the roller but I don’t know which wires are what. There is 4 wires. White/green, white/yellow, white/brown, and white/orange

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
White/Orange - 5 volts
White Brown - Ground
White/Green - Channel 1
White/Yellow - Channel 2

If you have 5 volts and a good ground to the roller switch, and the wires for channel's 1 and 2 are good all the way up to the monitor, then you need a handle.

Sunnybuck

White/Orange - 5 volts
White Brown - Ground
White/Green - Channel 1
White/Yellow - Channel 2

If you have 5 volts and a good ground to the roller switch, and the wires for channel's 1 and 2 are good all the way up to the monitor, then you need a handle.
Do you have the pin out for the 12 pin connector so i can test with meter for trigger, channel 1,2 and the roller?

323jd

I installed that new handle and the aux hydraulics worked fine for the 4 or 5 times i used them and now it will work when i first start and then get a error code 523693.04 and 523694.04 and the aux quits. i restart machine and then they will work for a while then repeat. Think i have a bad wire or is the switch faulty again? Thanks for the help in advance

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
It is possible the handle is defective, but I doubt it. I haven't seen one fail that fast before (but there is always a first time). Did you buy the handle from Deere?

At this point, I would be very suspicious of the wiring. Did you look at the channel 1 and channel 2 readings in the monitor? For both those codes to become active at the same time, I would suspect an issue with either the 5 volt reference voltage dropping out do to an open/high resistance (wire break or terminal issue), or the return wire (ground) has an intermittent open.

323jd

So i did look some today and couldnt find a issue with the wires and they all ohm out good but i ran it with the channels up on the monitor today and it would fluctuate a little but never drop out that i could tell anyway. the aux quits working and throws the code the most when i pull the right handle back to raise the attachment. dont know why but thought i would add that, also yes i did buy the handle from deere. Thanks for everything you are a wealth of knowledge.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
couldnt find a issue with the wires and they all ohm out good
Unfortunately, ohming out wires only helps you find an open wire, not a wire that can't handle a load. While 5 volt reference wires don't really have any load carrying capabilities, there could be enough resistance to drop the reading that does not show up on an ohmmeter. First, while ohming out the wire, did you flex the harness (what we call a wiggle test) from the handle all the way to the controller to see if your readings change? To properly check if the wire can handle the load, it needs to be backprobed and checked while it is powered up. Both the 5 volt reference and the return wires are checked this way. The 5 volt circuit should see approximately 4.9 volts or higher, and the return should be 0.1 volt or lower. Again, while backprobing, wiggle test the harness to look for changes.