• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Custom Cat models and entire collection

scraperad

Occupation
Operating a roller mill making steel roofing etc
Here is a 1/25 scratch built model of an old E200. Have a few others I will put up later

Attachments

• 7 Oct 003.jpg
    7 Oct 003.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,507
  • 7 Oct 005.jpg
    7 Oct 005.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,737

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Scraperad,

That's a real nice E200 - I want one !!

Wouldn't be too hard for First Gear to turn one out surely.
They already have the engine casting for the IH DT466 (in the rear of the 433 PayScraper)

In fact with very little effort they could turn out all the '400' series PayScrapers of the 1970's - 431, 442 & 444.
The basic molding of the 4oo tractor unit already exists, all it woiuld take is a few new parts for the scraper. The 431 open bowl would be easiest - just delete the rear engine, put a plate over the location & turn up some new rear wheel hubs !

Bring it on First Gear:drinkup

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Wabcoman, my collecting has slowed down a lot with the economy the way it is..but my CCM D10 with the push blade is on the way, and I have my name on one of the 666 scrapers, so that's just a matter of time!
I would really like it if First Gear could shrink the IH service truck down to 1/50, like they did with the HD21. Somebody is coming out with a modern International service truck in 1/50, Ertl I think, but it doesn't have the character of the older truck.
I think you are going to have to build a I beam table before long, with all the "heavy metal" you have there. And soon you'll have a couple of the
DW20's to add to the structural loading, I'm sure....
Scraperad, beautiful job on the E200, that's the first scraper I ever operated.
Alan

D5G

Alan, if you are referring to the new International Workstar service trucks, they are being produced by First Gear in 1:50 scale. The first three liveries out will be Case Ag. service, Case Construction Service, and New Holland Construction Service. They do look like they are made by Ertl, we shall see how they turn out for a MSRP of $62.

Madmark73

Occupation
In the mining industry.
Heres the rest , Heres my whole collection 99% Cat equipment 1% Case and thats only a skid loader , most of the trucks are Kenworth except the fuel/lube truck and the 2 Mack flatbeds , I have built alot of other customs and accessories like barriers ,buckets ,mobile fuel tanks, genorators , light towers and alot of other stuff , if you want any more let me know , Thanks Hope you like them

Oh and if you look close , you can see the longreach excavator I built , its kind of hard to see it because the boom is in front of a picture on the wall

Wow ..makes my collection look small!

Attachments

• MAY 2010 fujifilm 202.jpg
    MAY 2010 fujifilm 202.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,483

Jdigger4130

SAWEETSKY DUDE! I am way into the 980. Did you kit bash that or is that an item a fella can buy? I have been gathering stuff for about six months and have about oh 40 pieces in 50 scale. Sword , NZG and CCM w a bit of Norscot and about twenty in 25th. Would be great to meet ya.

HITACHI350

Heres the rest , Heres my whole collection 99% Cat equipment 1% Case and thats only a skid loader , most of the trucks are Kenworth except the fuel/lube truck and the 2 Mack flatbeds , I have built alot of other customs and accessories like barriers ,buckets ,mobile fuel tanks, genorators , light towers and alot of other stuff , if you want any more let me know , Thanks Hope you like them

Oh and if you look close , you can see the longreach excavator I built , its kind of hard to see it because the boom is in front of a picture on the wall

hey can u post some single pics of your foresty stuff on the 6th shelf down, Thanks

hpotscom

Occupation
trainor
wow! you sure have very nice collections of cat models, so what's the latest model do you have? anything for tractors? or forklifts?

Last edited by a moderator:

hymac880

Occupation
retired
HELLO....WHAT PRICE HAVE YOU GOT ON YOUR PIPELAYERS(not joal ones)
REGARDS ALAN. (hymac880@btinternet.com)

td9clyde

Occupation
Owner operator
i have been looking for a 583 sideboom kinda hard to find nice collection though

hymac880

Occupation
retired
583 pipelayer

HELLO......I DO HAVE A 583 PIPELAYER PRICE IS £250 + POSTAGE AND INSURANCE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED I WOULD HAVE TO CHECK THE POSTAGE COSTS.PLEASE SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS.
REGARDS ALAN. (hymac880@btinternet.com)
PS....I HAVE A FEW MODELS ON EBID NOT EBAY EBID JUST TYPE IN EBID ON YOUR ADDRESS BAR WHEN YOU GET ON EBID SITE TYPE IN NZG/CONRAD.

Jdigger4130

If any one is interested I have approx 60 models of trucks and machines in 50 and 25 scale by Sword, NZG, CCM, First Gear,TWH act and am moving on so I would love to get them sold. Email me for pics at justinnunneley@gmail.com Of special interest is my Reuhl Cedar Rapids Pitmaster from 1954 w orig belts and manual in GREAT to perfect cond!