• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Custom Cat models and entire collection

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Heres afew of the custom Cat models I have done , I am still waiting on the "D10R " decals to come in and all of the 980C decals to come in , I would have waited to post them till after they were decaled but I dont have anything better to do , let me know what you think , and if you want to see pics of anything else let me know
Sorry if the pics arent that good , I'm no pro at thaking pics

Attachments

• 328.jpg
    328.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 4,179
  • 3281.jpg
    3281.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 4,133
  • d10m.jpg
    d10m.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 4,082
  • d101m.jpg
    d101m.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 4,107
  • 980cm.jpg
    980cm.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 4,228
Last edited:

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Heres the rest , Heres my whole collection 99% Cat equipment 1% Case and thats only a skid loader , most of the trucks are Kenworth except the fuel/lube truck and the 2 Mack flatbeds , I have built alot of other customs and accessories like barriers ,buckets ,mobile fuel tanks, genorators , light towers and alot of other stuff , if you want any more let me know , Thanks Hope you like them

Oh and if you look close , you can see the longreach excavator I built , its kind of hard to see it because the boom is in front of a picture on the wall

Attachments

• collection.jpg
    collection.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 4,144
  • 980cm1.jpg
    980cm1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 4,080
Last edited:

Case 580e

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
you want to mkae me a 980c and i have like one shelf of models

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Thanks eveyone

you want to mkae me a 980c and i have like one shelf of models

can you post some pics of your side booms please.

Case 580E send me a PM and we can talk about it

Heres some pics of my side booms , I have 5 a 572C ,1 594, 2 591's and a 587T if you want some more pics of them I can take some more better ones tomorrow when its light out side

Attachments

• sb2.jpg
    sb2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 4,009
  • sb1.jpg
    sb1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 4,009
  • sb.jpg
    sb.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 4,029
  • sb3.jpg
    sb3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 4,033

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
you have the entire cat line up there and then some:notworthy great work my friend, i like that water wagon you have there i would love to have one like that they are all over up here:D

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Thanks That water wagon is another I built along time ago I used brass for the tank , Theres still more then a few models I really want , but I cant find them or they are very expensive , my goal is to have the ultimate Caterpillar collection

trainwreck

thanks for the pics. i am looking for a side boom model that has folding boom that lays over onto the counter weights for transport.

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Here some pics with the D10R and 980C with the decals on , sorry for the quality I need a better camera to get good pics of the little details , but you get the idea .also a pic to show I opened the middle slot in the ripper for a shank since the model didnt come with it open

Trainwreck , I would imagine finding one like that will be tough , but one like that would be cool to find, you never know you might have to try and build one :beatsme

Attachments

• 10r ripper.jpg
    10r ripper.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 3,903
  • 10r decal.jpg
    10r decal.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 3,905
  • 980 decal.jpg
    980 decal.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 3,876
  • 980 decal1.jpg
    980 decal1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 3,870
  • 980 decal2.jpg
    980 decal2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 3,909

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Thanks I am really happy with the way it turned out , I also built a 980F that turned out pretty good too not as good as the 980C though

Antho

Occupation
Student
Eh, I'm wondering, did you modify a body for the engine bloc or did you build a new one? Same question for the cab.

It's really well done in my opinion.

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
On the 980 my original plans were to build a whole different engine compartment like I did on my 980F , but after alot of thinking I just decided to put plastic on the outside of the compartment which was easier and it gave me the perfect width and height, I was also going to build new cabs for the 980C and F since the 980G cabs taper out at the bottom , but I had hell with them trying to get the angles right and the windows to look good , so after three days I gave up on them and just hoped no one would notice , I can build good cabs when they dont have alot of odd angles, but not when they have alot of odd angles

td25c

CAT D9H,All I can say is WOW!.That is a nice collection of heavy equipment.Do they come in kits then you put them together?I like the old B-model mack wrecker.I think it has the 850 holmes bed on it.Neet stuff.

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Thanks , you can get some in kits but most of mine come already put together , and some of those I take apart and rebuild into a completely differant machine

I have 2 of those B model wreckers I ll take some more pics of both of them and make a new topic about them here by tomorrow so be sure to check back

td25c

I'l be sure to check in tomorrow evening for the B model wreckers.I love the side boom dozer models to.It looks like most if not all of your collection is the same scale.Thats neet stuff CAT D9H.I have a plastic model of a d9g that is still in the box,after seeing your thread I just might put it together.

Last edited:

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Thanks , all the Cat equipment is 1:50 scale, some of the trucks are 1:50 and some are 1:53 , be sure to post pics of that D9G !