• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Custom Cat models and entire collection

Cat_325L

Awsome collection and customs D9H!! I've slowly started some customs myself it does take practice and patients. That a sweet 375 sending pm....

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
WabcoMan, glad to hear the lot's just full for the winter, and not all painted up for a Ritchie Brothers Auction....I've often thought that would be the perfect diorama idea, how else do you explain that everything is painted like brand new, even if it's a 50 year old machine?!
Nice collection! By the way, have you checked the load limit on that table?!!
Alan627b

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Hi Alan,

It gets worse !
I've since added 3 more 433 PayScrapers (including an all-white one) and 2 x RD8 Cats - one with a LeTourneaqu AK8 blade and the other set up for blade work but towing a LeTourneau H3 ripper.
More photos as soon as I get a fine day to shoot in.
The sickness grows !!! :eek:

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Wabcoman, I just found out that next year's ACMOC model is a DW20 with a 456 pan, made by First Gear.....better gusset those table legs!
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=15189 Approximate price is $169.00 pre release, $199.00 after release.

You don't have the pair of push pull 433's yet either....

Why did they have to wait til the economy sucks to come out with all this neat stuff at once!
LOL!

alan627b

Last edited:

WabcoMan

Occupation
Alan,

Thanks for the heads up on the DW20 - I'll definately need a couple of those.
Did they mention if it was a DW20E or G ? (obviously not an early one as they didn't have the 456 pan).

You know if ACMOC had done their homework earlier on, instead of releasing a No,491 they should have done a No.463 and they would have been halfway there already.
All they would have needed was a new yoke & hitch plus the tractor.

Incredibly difficult to find 433's with the PayMate attachment - I've tried and still looking.

As for the table - its rated at 1000 tons but I think I may need to get some Cor-Ten and the electric spanner to make some alterations !!! :drinkup

WabcoMan

Occupation
I've reinforced the table !

Retro Contractors has expanded the fleet prior to the summer eathmoving season.....

Attachments

• PIC_2808 copy.jpg
    PIC_2808 copy.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 2,602
  • PIC_2812 copy.jpg
    PIC_2812 copy.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 1,931
  • PIC_2814 copy.jpg
    PIC_2814 copy.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 2,019

JDOFMEMI

Wabcoman

Your fleet is looking good. You should be ready to tackle some good sized jobs now.

Is the hydraulic D-9G the remote control version?

WabcoMan

Occupation
Hi Jerry,

The D9G is a D9E - its just the standard ACMOC/First Gear 1:25th scale issue.
Wish it was a D9G however !

dpull

Occupation
Owner/Operator
WABCOMAN,
Nice looking Collection of Iron,You just can't beat 1st Gear for Quality and price.Have you seen the new TD25 with the Root Rake? I may have to own one. I really like the 1/25 scale as I get older so that I can see all the detail.I would like to see ACMOC do a D9 with a scraper push blade on it. I need to get a camera one of these days and post some of the Letourneau Toys that I have built. Its nice too see the talent that some of these guys have when it comes to thier model building. My hats off to them.
dpull

WabcoMan

Occupation
Hi dpull,

Yep, 1st Gear make a really nice model and as you say the 1:25th scale is ideal for this 'ol scraper operators hands these days !
I've just added (today) 2 x IH 433's with the Paymate push-pull attachment which now gives me 7 x 433's - so I can bid on the big jobs now !!!
The TD-25 & root rake looks great - I guess I'll have to get one to do the land clearing & site preparation before I let the scrapers loose:)

Wish 1st Gear would have a look at some of those Wabco's from the 50s & 60s - all those cables.
A TS-14 would sell by the thousands.
I wrote them a nice letter with a few educated suggestions but no one ever replied :Banghead

dpull

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Hi WABCOMAN,
I also talked to a 1st Gear Rep at the HCEA Show this year and talked about how I thought the Euclid line would be a great seller for the Company and he said that they had tried to talk to Hatachi Corp People about Building the Euc models but they didn't want anything to do with it. TOO Bad! I really think it would be a good seller if they could put the deal togather. I also brought up the early Letourneau machines to him but my thoughts fell on deaf ears. Wish I had the money to produce and sell models. I started a LET Twin 'C' Pusher last winter hope to finish it here in the next month or so.
dpull

JDOFMEMI

Hi Jerry,

The D9G is a D9E - its just the standard ACMOC/First Gear 1:25th scale issue.
Wish it was a D9G however !

:Banghead I knew that, just couldn't remember it when I posted.:Banghead

It still looks great though.

I love the 1:25th fleet, but they take up too much room for me. Only thing I have in 1:25th is a wooden D-8R.

WabcoMan

Occupation
Hi JDOFMEMI,

Space is a problem - I do have a reasonably large cabinet but it is nowhere near big enough to hold them all so the rest live in their boxes and I rotate the display every 2-3 weeks.
It's getting so that I can't even fit them all onto the table for a holiday snapshot as you can see in the first pic.
Since this wa taken I've added 2 more 433's with push-pull (IH calls it Paymate).
The RD8s are still a work in progress.
I have new tracks for both but hadn't fitted them yet.
A lot of work has gone into these two with more still to come,
Keeps me out of mischief :D

Attachments

• PIC_2804 copy.jpg
    PIC_2804 copy.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 1,821
  • PIC_2816 copy.jpg
    PIC_2816 copy.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 1,778
  • PIC_2822 copy.jpg
    PIC_2822 copy.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 1,740

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Love the models I have collected some of the First Gear models in 1:87 and use them in conjunction with my model railroad I e-mailed First Gear a few years ago and asked if they would also come out with an International excavator and the only reply I got from them was "looking at the coming soon section on our website". The first excavator I ever got a ride on as a kid was an International so that's why I asked. I hope they come out with some 1:87 Allis Chalmers equipment.

WabcoMan

Occupation
Hi 245dlc,

You did way better than I fared when I wrote to First Gear - I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply - and I'm a fleet owner !!:beatsme

I suggested an IH E211 or 412 elevator - they already have the engine cast (in the back of the 433).
Would make a gem of a model in 1:25th

The 1:87th models are superb but I've managed to restrict myself to 1:50 & 1:25 so far :)

scraperad

Occupation
Operating a roller mill making steel roofing etc
What an awesome collection. Those fist gear models are something else