• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crown Zellerbach Yellow or Orange Iron

dunwurken

One sitting at Middle Point north of Campbell River. Was still there yesterday doesn't look like it's going anywhere soon.

HDX

The Pacific sure looks good. Tell me old friend Did you back the steering stops off just a tad???? Looks more switchback friendly in the picture. Seems she would turn pretty tight corners. We had a couple 848 KW's that had to be yanked around some corners

RCP57

Is that a really early P16? I have never seen pictures of one with fenders like that. Great stuff!

Reg

Blk prince

The Pacific sure looks good. Tell me old friend Did you back the steering stops off just a tad???? Looks more switchback friendly in the picture. Seems she would turn pretty tight corners. We had a couple 848 KW's that had to be yanked around some corners

HDX this old girl had many drivers before me. If stoppers were turned,it was before I got her. Never had an issue with switch backs. Was wore out and I was on Br. 30,just left loader and frame broke on both sides. Old girl had "C" frame and had not been broke in past. When repaired it went on to be a fire truck.

Blk prince

Murk,thanks for your input. I have help from Camptramp in posting. There will be a picture of GY 1 with the left hand cab. I was in Nitinat from 1967 until 1980 when we closed and joined N.Lakes in Kyuquot.

Blk prince

the machine looks big

Log big,yes they were large,not possible to haul on highway. Ours came by railcar from Nanaimo to Ladysmith via CPR. Then hooked to CZ Locie and taken to Nanaimo Lakes. Then lowbed would take from Lakes to Nitinat or any other operation that wanted to use this route. Some would go by barge then walk off onto beach and onto lowbed.

log big

cool blk prince you don't see this logging in Montana i would like to see some logging in BC like you leagndary loggers

HDX

Blk prince Love the 4 pics on post 167 Good view of loading the machines on the lowbed Walk them on till they heel over forward and look like they are going to fall flat on their face and you know that is point of balance Swing them sideways and chain them down!!! It was Great!!! We were moving a Northwest Log Loader like this one day (I was the pushtruck) and when the operator swung the loader sideways to walk it off and the turnbuckle broke and she went over backwards sat back on the counterweight. Old bohemian boom went over backwards jammed into the stops with the grapples laying on the guarding in front of the windshield. It was the most amazing thing I had seen up till that day