• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crown Zellerbach Yellow or Orange Iron

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
I left Kokish in Sep 1968 and went to Nitinat division. Just at start of painting program. I got the first "super" truck in 1979. It came orange and was Crown Zellerbach

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Crown Zellerbach , Nitinat Div. , Blk prince has borrowed some pictures from Keith Nelson to share . Keith Nelson running Loader #54-41 loading a P 16 Pacific driven by Bill Brown .

Attachments

• scan019.jpg
    scan019.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 127
  • scan020.jpg
    scan020.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 121
  • scan021.jpg
    scan021.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 121

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Blk prince (Keith Nelson) Crown Zellerbach Nitinat Div. , 1st picture Jim Dalman running #54-38 Skagit 999 on rubber tire carrier with straight boom , as a loader . 2nd picture Grapple Yarder #52-05 and Loader #54-38 crew Jim Dalman Loader Operator , Bill Brown Truck Driver , Rod Long Grapple Yarder Operator , Harold Neuffer Chaser , Randy Layt scan015.jpg scan017.jpg ham Hook Tender .

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Nice pictures of that truck..Sad she had such a short life.One of only a few 16V71 P-16's trucks built and the only 16cyl super truck built..One of the first P-16's I worked on....I remember her sister trucks well...

Blk prince

Occupation
An old friend of mine Ernie Harrison has loaned us his logging pictures . The first ones , are of the CZ Nanaimo Lakes Div. Locie with a train load of logs on theiView attachment 173501 View attachment 173502 View attachment 173503 View attachment 173504 r way to Ladysmith .
Looking at this set of pictures. Third one shows a Chev Panel. This was the crew bus for the train track workers. They were referred to as the Gandy Dancers. No idea where expression came from. Perhaps someone came step in. Bp

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
The legend I have heard repeatedly was a RR foreman named Gandy had a crew of Montenegrins who were referred to as "Bear Dancers." (Derogatory phrase.) So it just got shortened to Gandy Dancers. Let me repeat the phrase "legend."

Blk prince

Occupation
The legend I have heard repeatedly was a RR foreman named Gandy had a crew of Montenegrins who were referred to as "Bear Dancers." (Derogatory phrase.) So it just got shortened to Gandy Dancers. Let me repeat the phrase "legend."
That is a reasonable explanation and so far,the only one I have heard. Yes. Many a legend has got us to this day. Bp