• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Come on Spring

GregsHD

Occupation
Self Employed HD Mechanic
I just got in from getting my slowmobile stuck 1/2 mile up the property, bit too much powder for breaking trail with a heavy 2 up sled, now it's beer o clock then out to shovel and retrieve! Beautiful day though, sunny and -10c, I was out looking for tracks, see what critters are hanging around.

Not sure if I'd trade this for sweating my bag off mowing the grass...

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
70's yesterday, 30's at nite & woke up to 39* @ 7am.. gonna be in the mid 60's.. everybody I know has the "sniffles".. its some crazy weather, that's fer sure..

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
11 hours plowing yesterday. Brought the loader home and cleaned my self out. Went out last night and did some clean up. Came home at 3am and they had went around the subdivision and winged back the banks. Love shoveling snow in the middle of the night

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
Spring must be on it's way because the road bans went on today and we have a good crop of frost heaves popping up.

Seems like people have given up trying to see around the snowbanks : they just pull right out !!

Old Doug

Its barely in the double digits this week. Next week dosent look much better its going to go negative some nights. They say that the air comeing off the snow miles away is going to make it cold for alot longer to come.

GregsHD

Occupation
Self Employed HD Mechanic
Spring must be on it's way because the road bans went on today and we have a good crop of frost heaves popping up.

Seems like people have given up trying to see around the snowbanks : they just pull right out !!

All vehicles should have safety whips when the snowbanks are that high, people are nuts but atleast then you could see their little flag coming! Haha

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
The flag is a great idea ! But I'm afraid the snowbanks are too tall.

My idea is to take a self contained backup camera/monitor and put the camera on a bracket on my front liscence plate looking left. Might even see a turn signal with it... if people still use those...

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I used to plow city streets with an old 14E with 16 foot one way plow on the front. Some buildings were right on the street. A grader is long enough without that big plow sticking out. I used to edge out and hope someone would see the little piece of reflective tape on the left corner and stop

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
I see this morning that one of the frost heaves took out someone's oil pan. Wonder if they will slow down next year ?

Got my camera going :)

Tags

Haven't had a reall snowfall here since November...had nothing but a couple inches here and and there and then freezing rain on top to really make things miserable the last couple of months, March shows up and we got a few inches of snow(not much at all compared to most of you fellas) and tonight supposed to get 6 or so more inches. Mother Nature is confused or just doesn't like us, I want the frost and snow gone.....