• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Come on Spring

8V149 Detroit

It's just got finished raining all night here, Its been 70's during the day and 50's at night, not bad weather. It never got terribly cold, I think 3 weeks of heavy jackets. I'm just glad we didn't get snow like last year.

I kind of like the cold weather, no grass to cut and no misquotes, also less people trying to get you to fix stuff for free

Bumpsteer

Occupation
Mechanical designer
When It does start to thaw out our gravel road is going to be a disaster, it's solid potholes now because the gravel is shot, the binder is gone...once the frost starts to come out, it'll really go to crap.

You know the road is bad when school busses, the ups truck & fedex slow down. lol.

The township has already agreed to re-gravel, sadly that won't happen until summer....

Ed

Theweldor

Occupation
The Village Idiot
They sure do seem to have a lot of trouble with their gravel roads in Michigan for some reason. Is it poor maintenance or just lack of funds to keep after them.

Jeckyl1920

Likely it's the sub surface. If it pumps, the gravel will only hold up so well, especially when wet. My guess would be a lot of clay and runoffs.

Theweldor

Occupation
The Village Idiot
I agree but I would have thought they would have taken this into consideration at the onset.

ianjoub

I got sunburned today playing a round of golf. It is getting difficult to hold on to the clubs with sweaty hands as well. When is it going to be fall again?

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
5 inches last night. Kind of a rain snow mix right now. Calling for a lot of rain this week. Better get the sump pumps ready just in case. On the plus side, I just ordered my garden seeds.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
They legalized pot here last fall. Apparently I'm aloud to grow 4 plants. I was thinking I might try growing it. I don't smoke it myself, but I could always give it away.

Mother Deuce

They legalized pot here last fall. Apparently I'm aloud to grow 4 plants. I was thinking I might try growing it. I don't smoke it myself, but I could always give it away.
I try not to get around it at all, the company I work for drug tests. I agree might be fun to putz around with growing.