• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cmark's random photo thread

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
And ALL Clean underneath!!

A great many days I could only wish had my own 963, really was a loss when sold the Fat Allis HOWEVER could not work it long enough to pay for having. Was also Too small for needs, about median between a 941 and 955.

56wrench

I’m intrigued by the long ramps on that trailer. Are they hydraulically raised? It would appear as though they do not fold in half

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
I’m intrigued by the long ramps on that trailer. Are they hydraulically raised? It would appear as though they do not fold in half
Pretty much a standard configuration of ramps here and yes to hydraulics. Some trailers have bi fold ramps mainly for loading machines like compactors etc. I had these made for my truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0937.JPG
    IMG_0937.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 62

56wrench

Ever have any problems with the axle housings by trying to lift too much with the loader or three-point hitch? They came out with a truss bar kit to keep the wheel end drop-box housings from spreading which helped, but naturally some owners just used them for jobs they weren’t designed to do.

Tones

Occupation
Never had any problems with the drop boxes but was totally aware of the issues. This tractor started life in Australia with a reach mower at the Brisbane Airport which the previous owner removed and had been fitted with duals all around. He fitted the 3 point linkage. I got it with 2 stub axles but thought if I had any problems with it then I'd fit axles with planetary hubs off a loader of some sort with similar gear ratios. The other advantage of this would be to lower the centre of gravity as I didn't need that amount of ground clearance.

Last edited:

56wrench

A lot of dairy farms used bi-di’s because they are like a swiss army knife, only with baler twine usually wrapped around the inside of the wheel hubs :) and quite often most of the problems were caused by a lack of maintenance

Tones

Occupation
The 276 was a tractor away ahead of it time. Available with them was 3 point and PTO at both ends of it. No other Nth American made tractor had that.
Sorry to have hijacked you thread Cmark.