• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Charging problem

FIREMANMARK

Occupation
Firefighter
Let me know how it goes. Shouldn't be too expensive. Hope that the rectifier wasn't damaged by a bad wire!! Good Luck...

NCPIPELINE

Occupation
The Fixer

FIREMANMARK

Occupation
Firefighter
The rectifier cable would be with the engine parts. what engine does it have. deisel, kohler, model #, serial # etc.

FIREMANMARK

Occupation
Firefighter
model #, serial # etc. of the kubota diesel? Also I was rereading this post and in step 15 & 16 I was looking for the voltage of the white wire and we blew past it with a rectifier change. you have to disconnect the white wire to the starter (let it dangle but don't let it touch a ground) then start the machine and test from white wire to a "good" ground. No or low (below 12Volts) voltage means harness/regulator is bad. This voltage should be bad because you said that you tested the voltage from white/redwire and it was the same as the battery; You were just measuring the battery to ground at a different location. That means that the battery cable is good. The white wire returns from the rectifier to charge the battery. At least thats the way it works on mine... My # is 412-965-1580 if you call we could do this alot faster. I have carple tunnel and this typing is a bitch....:)

FIREMANMARK

Occupation
Firefighter
Can't find the harness on the site you sent. looked on the kubota site but need the series and model and serial # of the engine.

NCPIPELINE

Occupation
The Fixer
Well just an update guys, finally had some time to try to get this settled once and for all. The key switch was not passing dc power back through. Replaced the key switch and all is good... Dingo recharge works as follows, AC dynamo to voltage regulator, comes out regulator dc power back to switch, where it crosses over and goes back to battery.