• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar Sproket Removal (also Komatsu)

tctractors

and the last bunch

Attachments

• SAM_0974.jpg
    SAM_0974.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 387
  • SAM_0975.jpg
    SAM_0975.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 386
  • SAM_0978.jpg
    SAM_0978.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 390
  • SAM_0982.jpg
    SAM_0982.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 388
  • SAM_0983.jpg
    SAM_0983.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 389

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
you had better send that new chariot back looks like they put the steering wheel on the wrong side:confused:

tctractors

Just a few snaps of things happening lately, the first pic is the old and the new chariot with the back-up unit (Jeep) in my Garage, then a CAT D7 top pinion strip out using the 28lb hammer through my never fail flogging bar 1"1/2 drive and pancake 50 ton cylinder, the clump of old track loaders I am stripping parts off to keep working tractors going, the green 1 is Ex Fenton Plant Hire from Hook Hampshire, the D8 was just a quick brake adjust job and look round, the little swinger was an oil leak job (track pilot spools) 211B is a scarce beast, then the front wheel job on the Komatsu D65P, I had to call in a pal to patch in some 8mm wear strips into the frame to replace the knackered bits, oh and the blade patch up on the D8K, as you can see its nearly done with just the right wing to lash up, the vertical strips I had to leave on as the owner said they still have wear life left, the centre plate was shaped to hook up to them? I think this job has taken around 3 days to this point to do.
tctractors

tctractors

Graham, is it a 941 or 951 in your picture, I filled my banger with bits off it.
clintm, the Defender is not importable to the USA, 600 where allowed in some years ago all with V8 engines, the UK is littered with them. tctractors

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Aaa the chariot is sweet. You did not mention the portrait of that fine looking gent with a drop of sweat on his brow. Thanks for the pics.

tctractors

B.p. the chap in amongst the push frame is a long time pal Martin Smith, he looks for smaller kit to work on than myself as his common task, he has a service van very well kitted out also good at his job, he has new (clean) overalls every day and is right fussy about his smart stance, sadly I walk around in rags making a Tramp look smart but we are all different, Martin is even wearing a Hi-Vis vest that on this site is not needed as the Farmer is not fussy.
tctractors

dirty4fun

Great looking work truck Tony, you can tell them that is why you have to work in rags. It also helps the other fellow with you look better. Pretty hard to work on equipment and be a fashion model!

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Cat sprocket removal on a little bigger scale in Canada.

Attachments

• IMG_20150602_085804_edit.jpg
    IMG_20150602_085804_edit.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_20150602_085721_edit.jpg
    IMG_20150602_085721_edit.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_20150602_070046_edit.jpg
    IMG_20150602_070046_edit.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_20150601_144824.jpg
    IMG_20150601_144824.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 430

tctractors

The biggest High Drive rim case I have done is on a D7R LGP tractor with the common 1 for me to do being the D6H/R chariots, I like your fancy crane gizmo this is something that would be hard to find in the U.K. as we sort of work without the fancy kit, I would have to use a small excavator or a Tele-handler if I am lucky, the high drive chunks do pop to bits easy but I don't mind working on the old tractors as they can be tough going at times and I like this side of it.
Mobiltech, thank you for your pictures I am always impressed with the service trucks and kit in the U.S.A. etc.
tctractors

Mobiltech

Occupation
That attachment at the end of the boom is something I rigged up to get in under the fender on high drives. It makes the job a 1 man operation with the wireless remote control crane.
I did 2 machines in 2 days. A D11R and a D10R. I don't like the 11 much . Its too big and you need a ladder to reach the top of the final drive.

tctractors

Mobiltech, if you were tackling D9G/H's in 2 days you would still be scratching about on the first F/Drive so look at the fun you are missing out on?my H/Drive rim drive service tool is a D link and a short sling, the equipment owners here would not pay any extra for well kitted out service trucks, can I ask the reason you needed to pop the hubs down was it just the back duo-cone seal? or more costly gear set task.
tctractors

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
There's probably a good reason for it which isn't immediately apparent but to get a tractor back to work PDQ surely it would have been faster to swap the complete FD out for a swing unit rather than pullt it apart on the tractor...?

Mobiltech

Occupation
Mobiltech, if you were tackling D9G/H's in 2 days you would still be scratching about on the first F/Drive so look at the fun you are missing out on?my H/Drive rim drive service tool is a D link and a short sling, the equipment owners here would not pay any extra for well kitted out service trucks, can I ask the reason you needed to pop the hubs down was it just the back duo-cone seal? or more costly gear set task.
tctractors

The D10 was just a duo-cone seal replacement and the D11 was to find the source of some filings in the oil. The filings are coming from a failing hub spline. Parts are ordered and we reassembled to get it back to work. I didn't pull the sprocket right off on the 11 so I could leave the track in place .
I like a good day job like that and then move on to something else. There is so much work here I don't ever need to worry about missing out on any fun .
I really enjoy any chance I get to use the crane. Yesterday I pulled the stick cylinder off a 385C with it. I hooked a sling on the rod end pin then got in the cab and ran the stick control in and out with one hand and bumped the crane sideways with the wireless remote in the other hand until the pins popped out and then lowered the pin to the truck bed without leaving the machine cab.It makes it a one man operation.
I like working with the setup I have a lot and it all makes my job easier and more enjoyable. Even if the return on investment is less I would still do it.