• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MAQBOL

I have been looking for a CAT 950G loader ..but I haven't found any in a decent operating condition. However I have found a CAT 962G in very good condition and very good price.

Any recomendations/experiences with 962G?

My objection was that it is a "too big machine", but after seeing it the difference doesn't seem to be much... and could be even better than the 950G..ending up in a good deal

Attachments

• 20200227_135851.jpg
    20200227_135851.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 45

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
We had 962G's on the last job. Pretty good machines all round.
That's a weird-looking bucket. Does the machine have a quick coupler on it.? It's hard to see in the photo but I suspect it does.
Do you need a quick coupler because if you don't that machine could be the wrong one for you. The weight of the coupler plus the additional weight of the QC bucket compared to a standard pin-on bucket will adversely affect the loading performance.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The 962G was the same machine as the 950G with a little more horsepower and some other minor differences. There was plenty of noise about them here as they were marketed as a less expensive 966G and they didn't perform to that spec. I recall plenty of issues with the ride control but other than that if they went into the right application, they were trouble free.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
We had 962G's on the last job. Pretty good machines all round.
That's a weird-looking bucket. Does the machine have a quick coupler on it.? It's hard to see in the photo but I suspect it does.
Do you need a quick coupler because if you don't that machine could be the wrong one for you. The weight of the coupler plus the additional weight of the QC bucket compared to a standard pin-on bucket will adversely affect the loading performance.
It looks like a set of forks behind the bucket.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Flat dry surfaces to work on with relatively dry and light material for the larger bucket. Working with gravel and top soils were OK for the ride control as long as the floor was hard and flat. I had heard the complaints when they were working in mud yards handling wet waste materials.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win

Looks to be more a grading bucket with the flat bottom instead of a more curved standard wheel loader bucket.