• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 299d3, machine in limp mode, several codes. E361-3, 2204-3pre-Nox Sensor?

Mlgibson

My 299D3 just went down on me. Started with no aux hyd code 2204-3. Then CAN Data Link=Pre-NOx Sensor. Now E361-3, Gauges never showed temps were warm or hot? Where do I start, machine has 800 hrs.

Mlgibson

Yes, Serial number is DY901982.

First event, lost function of aux hydraulics, begin to investigate, pulled fuses one by one, after re powering, I had noticed a yellow code popped up, 523617 ACU (CAN Data-PreNOx Sensor Data Erratic, Intermittent or incorrect)

I disconnect brush cutter, started clearing small pine trees with stump bucket, Watching gauges, nothing seemed abnormal. Noticed yellow caution light coming on on display. Continued to work, machine went to limp mode and E-361-3 red code popped up, however temp gauge showed normal. So I limped back to my trailer, went thru code selection, saw where E361-1 & E361-2 had also triggered, but I hadn't seen these while running machine. Also saw the green 2204-3 (Aux Lever # 1 position sensor voltage above normal)

Check air filters, they are pretty clean, machine has 800 hrs on it.
Coolant overflow tank is half full, radiator looks clean.

Next?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I had noticed a yellow code popped up, 523617 ACU (CAN Data-PreNOx Sensor Data Erratic, Intermittent or incorrect)
This is the first one that should concern you right now, and is the reason the machine went into limp mode. I am not sure even if after correcting the problem the machine will go out of limp mode without dealer intervention. Hopefully one of our Tier 4 experts can comment.

1704289918570.png

Attached the troubleshooting procedure. You will need an electrical schematic as well. Keep an eye on your messages.

Were you aware that the aftertreatment system on your machine is warrantied for 5 years from date of purchase.? You ought to be able to get this sorted by a dealer at no cost to you. It is worth contacting them and asking at least.

Attachments

• UENR3423-25 - NOx Sensor - Test.pdf
    98.1 KB · Views: 5

Zewnten

Yeah don’t bother with diagnostics if you have the warranty. Once you get the operator inducement code 3 it’s a song and dance to clear it up. Let CAT pay for it.