• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CASE 580G - request for advice.

Akshay Singh

Hi everyone, I recently bought my first TLB or as the rest of the world calls it, backhoe. It is a Case 580G that was sitting for a while when purchased but I have been putting in work repacking cylinders and changing hydraulic hoses etc. trying to bring it back to its former glory, but it has come to a stage when I cannot go of my limited knowledge to fix certain items like a front main oil seal leak and leaky final final drives and brakes etc. and I have to consult a service manual. The problem is I cannot find one for sale (pdf version because of my location) anywhere from a reputable seller, I have resorted to purchasing a service manual for a Case 580SE which I believe to be similar to a 580G after reading some threads on HEF. The 580SE manual is helpful to a slight extent but lacks in anything differential or engine related as the engines and differentials on these machines were not the same as far as I can tell. Could someone please point me in the direction of a reputable seller selling a service manual for a Case 580G please. Also if anyone knows any companies that do aftermarket spares for Case backhoes, mentioning them would be greatly appreciated.