• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580D backhoe fit on a Case 580CK

FarmerLuke

Hello all, Im new on the forum, needing to know if a Case 580D (1981) Backhoe unit will fit onto a Case 580CK (1979). I got the Case 580CK from my Dad with 3000 hrs and the 3 point unit on the back, really needing a backhoe to put on it. We sourced a backhoe from a 580D within 6 hrs of us, but not sure if it will just pop on in place of the 3 point. ???

FarmerLuke

nope not even close to fitting
580bob, I misspoke on my model, we have a case 580C and the backhoe unit is on a 580D. I didnt realize there was a different older unit with a ck designation. my model tag reads 580C-CK meaning construction king. Will a D hoe fit a C ?

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
The answer to your question is yes they will interchange. What's your reason for wanting to change the backhoes out?

Welder Dave

The answer to your question is yes they will interchange. What's your reason for wanting to change the backhoes out?
It sounds like his machine has a 3pt. hitch and he wants to remove it and install the backhoe from the D.
(have no idea why the font or what ever is different after it)