• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580c

Bryan5238

Is there a seal that goes in between these two shafts? Side of the differential shaft.

Attachments

• 90A364CA-E7EA-4CAB-9069-0FE3FEF80102.jpeg
    90A364CA-E7EA-4CAB-9069-0FE3FEF80102.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 15BF45D6-6DD4-4D47-A312-1935CEA8E022.jpeg
    15BF45D6-6DD4-4D47-A312-1935CEA8E022.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 19

franklin2

Well was working on the brake system today. Both master and slave cylinders are froze up. Took them both apart. Was curious how easy they are to rebuild? Versus buying new. Gonna need to replace the left hand side seal. It wasn’t leaking but the seal is all messed up. The right hand side was leaking. Are there 2 seals I should replace in there one big one and one small one that goes on the inside shaft?
On the brake slaves, I just honed them and replaced the 0-rings. But if I had it to do over, I think I would have just replaced them. They are only $25.00 each on ebay, though the price keeps going up. You can get both masters and both slaves in a kit for $165.00

Bryan5238

You guys happen to know if there is a small seal where the differential lock shaft goes into the brake housing? The previous pictures show what I’m talking about? Also all the wiring diagrams I have found show an 8 pin engine harness? Mine is a 6 pin and I’m trying to trace down wires is there anymore wiring diagrams I can check on? I’ve been using the one on minnpar.

Bryan5238

Okay thanks. I found it once wrote that number down haven’t found it again. So wasn’t certain if I was looking at it correctly.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
You guys happen to know if there is a small seal where the differential lock shaft goes into the brake housing? The previous pictures show what I’m talking about?

Bryan, yes there is a seal in that location - there is a plethora of 580 brake infomation on this site.

TIP - I use google to search the site - an example of what to type in google search box -> case 580 diff lock seal site:www.heavyequipmentforums.com

The results of such a search. Most results of the search will direct you HEF ;)

This thread is about an early 580E with similar questions - which will link you to other threads

Last edited: