• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580c

nova481

Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
Nice price and a bargain at that. Would Dale at e-backhoeparts.com have that?

Bryan5238

Well I thought about that but it looks like the tach on the gauge cluster is built in. If. I cant find one I’m gonna just plug the hole.

Bryan5238

Next head scratcher at least for me. I’m trying to start the motor before I put it all back together. I was going to use the 188 injection pump but it crapped out on me. It runs at 1900 rpm I’m gonna order parts and rebuild it but. I decided to go with the 207 injection pump that is like new runs at 2100 rpm . I set it at 8 degrees btdc. Is that correct with this pump? It’s acting like it’s wanting to fire but I figured it should of kicked off by now.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Lol.. u can get all the rpm’s u wanted with the 188 pump..
Simply back out on the hi speed stop screw.. BUT DONT DO IT W/O A KNOWN GOOD TACHOMETER..

Bryan5238

I’m not. I’m gonna seal that hole. I don’t run my equipment with a tach anyways least most of the time I don’t use one. Usually by ear and never full rpm’s.

Bryan5238

Well why I have you guys on here. Is the tachs for the 188 and the 207 the same diameter? The guy from Shaifer salvage said he might of given me a 336 tach?

Bryan5238

Just mic the tach that I have it looks identical to the picture but it is way bigger that that diameter. The hole in the block is also 1.06 inches

Bryan5238

Well was working on the brake system today. Both master and slave cylinders are froze up. Took them both apart. Was curious how easy they are to rebuild? Versus buying new. Gonna need to replace the left hand side seal. It wasn’t leaking but the seal is all messed up. The right hand side was leaking. Are there 2 seals I should replace in there one big one and one small one that goes on the inside shaft?