• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580c

Bryan5238

Okay thanks yeah think I’d rather go that way. Just wasn’t sure if it would fit. It would have to be pretty narrow to fit that hole

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
I've got one of the screw in type in my C with a 207 engine it works awesome, just plug it in for an hour or so a little longer in single digit temps and machine starts right up, no ether needed.The plug can be stuck in there pretty good, had to use heat on mine and the one I did for a guy down the road. If you don't have a 5/16 square socket you can grind down an old extension to get the job done.

Bryan5238

Okay good deal. I ordered one this morning. I almost did that with an extension but I figured I might break it so I ordered a square socket. I figured it’s going to be a pain to get out. Now I wish I wouldn’t have painted it…

Bryan5238

Well the motor is put together. Gonna have to order a few more parts but it’s about ready to put back in the tractor. But do I need to have the 188 hooked up to the transmission before I can hook up the injection pump? I see the marks on the flywheel but there isn’t anything to go off of when the transmission isn’t on. Or can I just line up the dots on the cam gear line up the marks on the pump and install it?

Attachments

• 646A4948-17FB-46F9-AED9-965F7B585C91.jpeg
    646A4948-17FB-46F9-AED9-965F7B585C91.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19

Bryan5238

I got the flywheel on. But the transmission has the peep hole. To look through. Guess i can wait just to me seems like more work than necessary.

Bryan5238

Yeah that’s what I think I’m gonna have to do. It’s no biggie just figure it would be easier to install beforehand but it’s no problem. I’m about ready to install it now.

Bryan5238

Guys I have an issue this 188 has a female type of speedo that goes into the block. The 207 has a male threaded type. I need to remove the old speedo and get a male threaded type. Any ideas on how to remove it from the block?

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
You will have to make a puller of some sort. I'm thinking the threads are NPT but can't remember for sure. Or weld a nut to it and use a slide hammer.

Bryan5238

Guys I’m about ready to fire the motor up and see how it’s going to run. Like to fire it up before I completely put it together. My question is if the power shift transmission has oil in it. But all the hydraulic lines are disconnected and the driveshaft is disconnected. Will it hurt it to start it and run it for about 5 mins

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
As long as you DON'T connect the hyd. pump and there's oil in the shuttle it should be alright.