• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Curt Shinabarker

Case 310G - 3.jpeg Radiator & Fan Damage II.jpg I have been working (in my "free" time) to resurrect a Case 310G diesel dozer for just about a year now. I was finally ready to fire it up last weekend. I cranked and cranked and thought I would kill the batteries. But finally, the dozer started. It was a short-lived success however... as coolant poured from the front of the dozer. In hind site, I should have checked the clearances between the radiator frame and the fan blade. One of the fan blades contacted the bottom of the radiator frame/reservoir, curled and then proceeded to gouge a trough in the radiator cooling fins. I will get the radiator re-cored but the fan blade is so mangled, I don't think it can be repaired. I've been searching for a replacement fan blade with no luck. Can someone offer me any assistance in finding a source?

Last edited:

born2ride

Occupation
Automotive Tech
I think my neighbor might have a few of them. are they all the same through the years?

mike_belben

I see no reason why you cant hammer that blade back into suitable shape over a stump. Shape the wood to create the dolleys you need for recurving the fin. Heat the part if you need to.

Solder or braze the radiator and save your money for the other stuff its sure to need. What if its got no drive or steer? New fan wont help.