• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cars you owned

Truck Shop

These are the last engines I built over five years ago now. My 84 Dodge 150 that I restored I owned it 24 years. And a 454 that I custom built for a neighbors Sanger flat bottom.
I had to start from scratch because the boat had no engine, battery box or wiring. Made the engine mounts also and any brackets or other various things. Had to source pretty much
everything you see. He ended up with some hull repairs and while the engine was out he had it dyno tested, I was surprised-it put out 484 hp at 5000. The Dodge engine is a 85 318
early roller cam motor. That carb is a real 1985 625Cfm Carter AFB that I installed restrictors in to change the cmf to 525 and re-jetted to match 16.8 mpg highway.

Truck Shop

84 Dodge Left.jpg 84 Dodge Rear.jpg Engine Photos 004.JPG Engine Photos 008.JPG

Last edited:

td25c

Love the Dodge Ram Truck Shop !

Excellent work on the boat ! Noticed the Edelbrock carb on top of the 454 .

Are you pretty happy with it ? Never did try an Edelbrock .

Truck Shop

Well I like any carb as long as it's working:). I really have no preference I guess but I did run mostly Carter AFB's. The only thing I could see with the EB carbs was the finish inside was rough.
But I can't answer your question because I don't own or operate that hole in the water. The Summit carb looks interesting it's an improved version of the Autolite 4100 But I will never know
because I gave up the high performance stuff like bikes and cars after my back surgery 4 years ago this 14th of April. Easy day to remember 4-14-14. Plus I just got sort of tired of it.

Truck Shop

td25c

I gave up the high performance stuff like bikes and cars after my back surgery 4 years ago this 14th of April. Easy day to remember 4-14-14. Plus I just got sort of tired of it.

Truck Shop

Understand that Truck Shop .

I lost interest in performance cars & engines the early 1990's Sold off all the muscle cars & started buying yellow iron & trucks that would make a little cash .

Back in the money loosing game with the 68 Ford Galaxie now . Won't make any cash with it but sure going to have some fun :)

A feller needs a little fun time once in awhile :D

And there will be a proper Detroit Diesel 6-71 on top of the 302 .:cool:

Got to keep them old Ford guys happy .;)

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
I suspect you will have to put a teardrop hood on the Galaxie to give yourself some room....

A car I don't talk about much as I am not finished it yet and have gone way left field on it.It also uses 2 Edelbrock carbs on a Edelbrock 2x4 intake.I built a new aircleaner base so it will use the stock 2x4 oval aircleaner.Carb spacing is way off compared to the Holley/ford manifold
Car is a 66 Mustang Fastback with a 428CJ and 4spd.

66 428 002 (3).JPG the 66 004.JPG the 66 005.JPG

td25c

That's quite a carb linkage on the cross ram intake :cool:

Excellent work on the 428 mustang project ! I like the way the air cleaner turned out .

diamondtguy

Occupation
Thanks and Thanks.....the cross ram linkage is my work as well.I built it all out of stainless for him about 15 years ago...

td25c

The intake showed up yesterday evening . Degreased & power washed the 6-71 today & got to take a closer look at the fit up around the distributor area .

Referenced off the front bolts on the intakes to get measurements . Looks like it will fit around the side ok but still have a little height issue . Distributor is 7" tall and the underside of the blower is 6 - 3/4 " .100_4208.JPG 100_4213.JPG

td25c

1/2 " thick plate adaptor would remedy the problem . Might even be other distributor & cap options . Seen caps where the plug wires came out the side .

Worst case have to go with a spacer plate . Dang ! they are sure proud of those .https://www.alkydigger.net/proddetail.php?prod=TBS-5022

The ear ledge on the 6-71 clear the intake ok . This intake has an o-ring groove cut in it . Haven't found the o-ring yet on the net . Might have to make some calls Monday .

Rotors & housing have all the normal little scuffs & scratches but don't look to bad .
100_4210.JPG 100_4211.JPG

Last edited:

Truck Shop

A little off the subject of muscle. But there were certain classic body styles that just can't be duplicated. Those designs were classic the moment they came off the drawing board.
My favorite car and body style and wins first place for me.----1934 J12 Hispano Suiza. What a beautiful automobile she is.

Truck Shop

maxresdefault (2).jpg

crane operator

The ear ledge on the 6-71 clear the intake ok . This intake has an o-ring groove cut in it . Haven't found the o-ring yet on the net . Might have to make some calls Monday .

Could you just get the rope type o-ring and cut one? I've done that on unobtanium big rings like that, cut the rope and super glue it to the right length.

diamondtguy

Occupation
Hispano's are beautiful cars.A friend in North Van once had two of them in his shop at the same time.A site I will probably never see again..
O-rings are easy to make and I quite often have to do it at work.Some o-ring kits come with the glue..(crazy glue)You can buy o-ring material in bulk rolls.I have a drawer full of it at work.
As far as distributors go I believe the guys use a Mallory marine unit with the old style flat crab cap or a expensive offset distributor..

diamondtguy

Occupation
Wheels I just bought for the 68.Old school Mini-lites.I robbed the torque thrusts off the car for my 67 a few years ago..

mini lites 001.JPG mini lites 002.JPG mini lites 003.JPG mustangs 001.JPG