• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bought a new tilt bed 9999lb. gvw

atgreene

Sorry to hear about your issues. I need to look at mine and make sure it hasn't done the same thing, everything else has frigged-up on it.

I did notice that on my fenders where they are welded to the maine angle iron frame they are cracking, telling me that the main frame is bending.

BTW, I had them re-rate the trailer to the maximum 14,300 lbs. now that I am running a 5500 series truck, but they say I still need a class A. Looks like I will be argueing with DMV when I show up in a 5500 to take my test.:Banghead DOT says I can use it, DMV says no.

cat320

Charter Member
alan long as they say you can't take it with that must mean it's ok to drive it with what you have. lol just make sure you get it in written down.

nedly05

That's good, I was just on your website last night, you guys have a nice set up there. Do you make all of your own material?? Nice equipment and trucks man:notworthy

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Thanks bud, we try to keep it looking good and working good. Yea we have our aggregate operation too, we started it in the late 80's for oursleves but then it took off and we sell quite a bit to contractors and residential. Right now though we are low on raw materials, mainly hard rock, so we are trying to set something up to build up the coffers again. Topsoil is also a very hot seller for us. Nice to have any material you may need on hand lol.

OneWelder

If I am interpreting those pictures correctly,the square notch cut into the frame created a flex point in the corner of the cut. Most good welding repair books (especially on frame repairs) think this is very bad, and suggest no sharp angles to create a flex point which could lead to cracking or fracture that you are showing. I am not an engineer but I have fixed a lot of stuff and I would not fix that without a design change / - \

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Thats what it looks like to me One welder and thats what our welder said too, Cam was going to look at it and then contact us which we are waiting on now.

nedly05

Does anyone have any experience with a 20 Ton Cam? Anyone own one? A guy here in town has a 10 Ton Cam and it looks like a nicely put together trailer:beatsme Just wondering if they are as big a pile of crap as the lighter duty ones.

danielm

I just read thru this entire thread and I must say a Cam rep should be informed of this thread. Let's see what they have to say regarding these issues.

After this side of the story there's no way I would consider one of their trailers now.

atgreene

I just read thru this entire thread and I must say a Cam rep should be informed of this thread. Let's see what they have to say regarding these issues.

After this side of the story there's no way I would consider one of their trailers now.

After my dealings with them I can assure you they could care less. People are still foolish enough to buy their product, so they just move onto new patsys.

danielm

After my dealings with them I can assure you they could care less. People are still foolish enough to buy their product, so they just move onto new patsys.

That's too bad. It seems there's a lot of companys today that could just care less.
I've been dealing with ISPs lately. I'd be in jail if I ran a business like some of these folks.