• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Arkansas Farm Pics

Occupation
Farm Manager
I need to burn some piles down at Okean one of these days when it gets dry. Every time I get ready to go down there it rains.

We took a couple of hogs up to the barn today and I got to thinking. You ought to be showing a Hog this Winter. Give you something to do. ;)

Yea......they had some for sale in ffa i guess they were yalls?......i don't know what all is included in showing and getting set up or if its even what id like to do. thanks for the thoughtd:drinkup

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Yea......they had some for sale in ffa i guess they were yalls?......i don't know what all is included in showing and getting set up or if its even what id like to do. thanks for the thoughtd:drinkup

Since they got the pens up there that's most of the work. I don't know how much work Joe Bob is making the kids work up there for the pens though.:beatsme

We took 3 Barrows up there this week that's going to the Dixie Nationals. Tyler is going to walk them and get em used to being handled and ready to show.

That little black pig was one of mine, Dale Jr. #8 you know.:rolleyes: Mine was smaller since they were bred more for Buffalo Island.

I got a Duroc Boar and maybe a Bred Gilt sold over toward ATCO's way. Just waiting on my health papers to ship them out of state.

Occupation
Farm Manager
Since they got the pens up there that's most of the work. I don't know how much work Joe Bob is making the kids work up there for the pens though.:beatsme

We took 3 Barrows up there this week that's going to the Dixie Nationals. Tyler is going to walk them and get em used to being handled and ready to show.

That little black pig was one of mine, Dale Jr. #8 you know.:rolleyes: Mine was smaller since they were bred more for Buffalo Island.

I got a Duroc Boar and maybe a Bred Gilt sold over toward ATCO's way. Just waiting on my health papers to ship them out of state.
Yea i don't like Joebob myself and i don't wanna have to deal with em anymore than i have to...:bash:bash Haha yea i saw that little black one all the girls were goin haywire over him..lol:D...

roddyo

Occupation
Yea i don't like Joebob myself and i don't wanna have to deal with em anymore than i have to...:bash:bash Haha yea i saw that little black one all the girls were goin haywire over him..lol:D...

Your not the first person I have heard that from.:(

If we could have had more girls at the sale I think I would have sold out.:D

There's two more black one's up there now BTW.

Occupation
Farm Manager
Your not the first person I have heard that from.:(

If we could have had more girls at the sale I think I would have sold out.:D

There's two more black one's up there now BTW.

Yea ole JoeBob!!:rolleyes: All the boys are stubborn and wont hardly mess with the stuff so its up to the girls...i guess that pays pretty good money....how much would a little black one like that bring

roddyo

Occupation
Yea ole JoeBob!!:rolleyes: All the boys are stubborn and wont hardly mess with the stuff so its up to the girls...i guess that pays pretty good money....how much would a little black one like that bring

I think the Little Black Pig was $80.00 if I remember right.

I sold another one for $125.00 and a gilt for $190.00 out of that same litter that day. I really got some of the best pigs left.

They will bring $200.00 for fat hogs and it will cost $80.00 to $100.00 for feed so it's around a break even deal unless you win or have to hold a pig back. Those boys with bigger pigs could have $200.00 to $300.00 in feed when they start trying to hold those pigs back. Also when you buy a high priced pig you have to win something to break even.

I bred my pigs more for Buffalo Island because that's the one I wanted to win and it also pays the most. Back when I was a kid it would pay between $1,000.00 and $1,500.00 to win, I don't know what it pays now. There's going to be a lot of Hogs with there Heads Cut Off when it rolls around IMO, so one of my pigs might have a pretty good chance at it.

Occupation
Farm Manager
I think the Little Black Pig was $80.00 if I remember right.

I sold another one for $125.00 and a gilt for $190.00 out of that same litter that day. I really got some of the best pigs left.

They will bring $200.00 for fat hogs and it will cost $80.00 to $100.00 for feed so it's around a break even deal unless you win or have to hold a pig back. Those boys with bigger pigs could have $200.00 to $300.00 in feed when they start trying to hold those pigs back. Also when you buy a high priced pig you have to win something to break even.

I bred my pigs more for Buffalo Island because that's the one I wanted to win and it also pays the most. Back when I was a kid it would pay between $1,000.00 and $1,500.00 to win, I don't know what it pays now. There's going to be a lot of Hogs with there Heads Cut Off when it rolls around IMO, so one of my pigs might have a pretty good chance at it.

Yea i could use that money! :D

roddyo

Occupation
If you had some sand ground we could see some "Action Photo's" of that big red tractor.:D

Occupation
Farm Manager
If you had some sand ground we could see some "Action Photo's" of that big red tractor.:D

LOL!.....don't even get me started! im about to die waitin to get on that thing....i was threatenin dad to hook it to the disk and try to disk some of that frozen ground....he didnt like that idea lol:D....but heck mike leveled a whole feild one winter with it froze when he leased that mx 240....what are we waitin around for!:beatsme

roddyo

Occupation
Cattle Loading Pictures

We sold some stock cows so I was at the Farm this weekend and took a few pics.

Not much to it.

It's just the Pens and one of our Cow Trailers.

BTW, around here what we can't baling wire or duct tape together we just wrap a log chain around it a few times and call it good.;)

Attachments

• newpictures 447.jpg
    newpictures 447.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,000
  • newpictures 449.jpg
    newpictures 449.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,007
  • newpictures 450.jpg
    newpictures 450.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,012
  • newpictures 451.jpg
    newpictures 451.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 991
Last edited:

roddyo

Occupation
You guys running your cows thru a sale barn or do you have a buyer?

We cut 60 head off and sent them to a sale barn up the road that a friend of ours runs. We usually sell them off the farm but these were busting open with calves and we didn't want to calve them out and didn't have a buyer Right Now!!!;)

We used to trade 5 or 6 hundred stock cows a year till fuel got high. A rented farm we had also sold and I got more into excavating again.

Trading Cattle is what got us in the Cow Hauling. We started out with one trailer hauling mostly our own stock. Then we ended up with Five. We sold our two oldest trailers when things started slowing down.

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
We cut 60 head off and sent them to a sale barn up the road that a friend of ours runs. We usually sell them off the farm but these were busting open with calves and we didn't want to calve them out and didn't have a buyer Right Now!!!;)

We used to trade 5 or 6 hundred stock cows a year till fuel got high. A rented farm we had also sold and I got more into excavating again.

Trading Cattle is what got us in the Cow Hauling. We started out with one trailer hauling mostly our own stock. Then we ended up with Five. We sold our two oldest trailers when things started slowing down.

Interesting, a friend of mine and me took three of his roping calves down to a sale barn by Monroe (by the state line) last Friday. They got a little to big to rope. I could not believe how high they went for.:D

You got your cattle pots running thru a broker, or are you getting your own loads?

roddyo

Occupation
You got your cattle pots running thru a broker, or are you getting your own loads?

We get our own loads. Most of the time when we start hauling for someone we end up with the deal. We kind of had to start over after fuel went to almost $5.00 and corn went to $6.00 Most of the people we worked for cut way back or quit during that time. We had one guy we was hauling between 10,000 and 20,000 head a year for. Those guy's are hard to replace.

ScottAR

Feel the shakeup over that way? Tiny earthquake over there.
I understand a few dinner plates died, sad day indeed.

roddyo

Occupation
Feel the shakeup over that way? Tiny earthquake over there.
I understand a few dinner plates died, sad day indeed.

I didn't feel anything. Course sometimes I weave when I walk to.

When I was a kid we lived in a House on a bad curve. At the same time we had a Drunk building a Corral at the farm.:drinkup One night while they was on the phone with him was when we had that pretty good earthquake here around 1976.

Course it's "We got to go, I think someone just ran through our house".

It's dark so the Drunk is plastered and he says:

Well they must have hit it a Helluva Lick cause I felt all the way up here.:notworthy

He lived about 15 miles away.:D

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Minny-Moes

OK here is a few pictures for td25c, Rodney and ATCO.:)

Pictures 1-3 are a 1050 that my friend just fully painted installed a new motor and new hydro pumps. He has to install the cab and a few other odds and ends yet. It really turned out nice.

Pic 4 is a G1000 vista that he also owns. He is getting one of the heads checked out and installing a new clutch in this tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 908
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 897
  • IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 902

roddyo

Occupation
Lookin Good EGS.

Down here our winters are not long enough or cold enough to build something like that.;)

Most of our old iron, both tractors and pickups have went north for you guys to restore.

td25c

Thanks for sharing the Minni-Mo pics EGS.Your friend done a nice job with them. I worked for a farmer that had Minni-Mo's that ran on lp gas back in the late 1980's .He loved them,had a yellow g-1000 vista like mine,670,red 1050,& red A4T1600 4x4.They were neat tractors.

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Thanks for sharing the Minni-Mo pics EGS.Your friend done a nice job with them. I worked for a farmer that had Minni-Mo's that ran on lp gas back in the late 1980's .He loved them,had a yellow g-1000 vista like mine,670,red 1050,& red A4T1600 4x4.They were neat tractors.

He really likes his Minni-Mo's too. I am not Minni-Mo man myself but to each their own. I think that he has 2-670's 3-950's that 1050 in the pictures, a 1000 vista, a red 950 (I think) 3-R's. He has a custom built 750 that he made too. I will get some pictures of that if you guys want. He has G1355 oliver too.