• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Arkansas Farm Pics

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Really nice pic EGS. ;)

Are those propane fueled engines?

Yes the two in those are LP. He has several of the LP's he really swears by them. It seems that Minni built a lot of LP's verses the other brands of the time.

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Tractors on LP

We had a 3010 on LP when I was a kid.

If you ran it a lot it was fine.

If you let it sit a week or more you had to drag it ALL OVER at least a 100 acres to start it.:pointhead

Or so it seemed, I was just a little kid at the time.

I will say about the only thing I remember from watching everyone try to start that tractor ended up being the Backbone of my Vocabulary today.:)

Last edited:

plowboy_

Occupation
Farming
I don't think I've ever heard of using a diesel to power an aeration fan before. Do you have exceptionally high electric rates there?

Occupation
Farm Manager
Lookin Good EGS.

Down here our winters are not long enough or cold enough to build something like that.;)

Most of our old iron, both tractors and pickups have went north for you guys to restore.

Rodney i think its not only that our winters aren't long enough but everyone around here is startin' to act kinda like Josh and are gettin lazy and spoiled LOL! We don't have the patience and we always say were ganna do somethin' big like that when were sittin' in front of a heater :D

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Eat your heart out td25c!:D

The same two tractors in post #237

Attachments

• IMG00052-20100710-1324.jpg
    IMG00052-20100710-1324.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 972

roddyo

Occupation
Arkansas Flood Pics

Here's some farm pics after the Levee broke.:pointheadjoey's old house 001.jpgdwights shop 001.jpg

roddyo

Occupation
Wow! When were those pics taken?

First off, thanks for the thoughts. I live across the river in the hills and only had one piece down there so walking a trackhoe a hundred yards took care of my equipment.

These pictures were in a local paper and taken the day after the Levee Broke I think. That is Hwy 67 in the First Picture.........the main hwy between St. Louis and Little Rock.

One of my best friends just sold the first house in that picture and I was thinking about buying it. We couldn't get together on the price and it was across the county line so that killed the deal.:cool: Lucky me.

The farm operation in the second pic is the old headquarters of a farm another friend of mine rents. He's the one whose equipment is pictured at the beginning of this thread. The Caterpillar backhoe in this thread is sitting under the shed in that picture.

Last edited:

roddyo

Occupation
East Pocahontas

Here's a picture of East Pocahontas.

Esat Pocahontas Flood 001.jpg

roddyo

Occupation
East Pocahontas.......Again

Lets see if this is better:eek:

New East Pocahontas 001.jpg

roddyo

Occupation
Crop Report

It rained 2 1/2 inches so the plows are sitting and I am not working on the Ditch.

That means it's a good time to ride around and take pictures;)101_0052.JPG101_0055.JPG101_0039.JPG101_0040.JPG

roddyo

Occupation
When he ordered it he was farming with all Belarus left over from his dads operation. My God that was a Story.

One 4X4 and the rest 825's and 925's. He had been renting a 2wd drive John Deere every summer to plant and plow with when he took over.

This was one of the first 8100's and he kept it at the end of the rent. Being on 8 row he really didn't need a front wheel assist at the time.

It is and was a really unique tractor especially for the time with the 46 inch rubber and tall fronts.

There's nothing like it around here and I have seen very few like it anywhere over the years.

It will handle a John Deere 12 row planter fine but not the 12 Row Kinze.

roddyo

Occupation
Minnie Mo's still on duty in the Delta

I went to a farm sale down in the delta the other day and this was in the back yard.

The first thing I thought of was EGS. It's good to see some old soldiers still in action:)

Attachments

• mmcloseup.jpg
    mmcloseup.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 711
  • mmpumping.jpg
    mmpumping.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 711
  • mmshed.jpg
    mmshed.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 721
  • mmwellsetup.jpg
    mmwellsetup.jpg