• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

a25c transmission problems

bender34

hey everyone we picked this nice truck volvo a25c that the trans wont shift if anybody can point me to the rigth direction i will apreciate it, i already adjusted the load sensor found some burned fuses and and non workin relays also a engine speed sensor that i like to know specs on it see if still good previous owner changed the computer per volvo mechanic as of rigth now im hunting for the transmission speed sensor any info will be preciated thanks in advance

02SILVER

I recently replaced the trans speed sensor in my a25c. Attached is diagram, there are two different parts determined by serial number. Either 27 or 27A in the diagram. Mine was 27a held in by a t27 long bolt. It was a bear to change basically in a blind hole. If you crawl under the truck, the sensor cover is about 10-12 inches above and just forward of the front axle. Transmission fluid bath to enjoy once you remove the cover plug, be ready with catch can. Picture of part box included. Should ohm 1000k ish20240329_202123.jpg731451935.jpg

bender34

Thank you sr i really appreciate your info and the kindness of the part number and diagram i have been workin on this thing tracing wires and its been a learning experience

bender34

well done did put the pan back found the speed sensor thanks to 02silver sensor is good, done did adjust the gas pedal sensor, still this thang is not wanting to shift gears... any ideas where else to look for ?

SlatcoAu

Hate to say it but you may be going down the same path I did. I had similar issues and replaced sensors etc but in the end I had to replace the transmission....

SlatcoAu

Check out these posts to see what I went through.