• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

a must see for dozer operators!!!

hvy 1ton

If i remember correctly they lifted it up and set it on the pile then drove it down the pile. That might be what have been construed into "driving under its own steam. I forgot how they lifted it, but i think they pulled it up with a couple dozers.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Hi, RollOverPete.
I've seen that page at Vanatta and I suspect that the machine in question is a D11, not a D10 - see twin exhaust stacks. Only the early D10's had twin stacks and that AIN'T an early one.

I don't know how true it is but I was told that it happened at a mine near Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. I was also told that it was driven out of there under its own 'steam' but I find that hard to believe. I suspect that the engine sensor system would not allow it to run in that position due to lack of oil for the pumps to pick up. Especially, I doubt that you would be able to re-start the engine once it had been shut down. I also suspect that if you tried to 'lift' the blade so that you could drive it on down the slope, you would be more likely to bring the rear of the machine right over the top of yourself. Now that would make life interesting for a moment or two.

The story I read....somewhere....
was that they secured the dozer from the top with some cables/blocks,other dozer's.
Then they ran a cable from the bottom and attached it to the dozer's blade.
Now they could pull or raise up on the blade so they wouldn't dig in and then lower the whole thing down from the top.
After that, it was just a matter of checking and adding fluids, pounding the huge "pinch" mark out of the drivers seat and I'm willing to bet a fresh change of underwear.:eek:ops
:cool:

GPSGrader

Occupation
Grade Foreman/Operator - 95% Motor Grader
I was under the impression that the D11T was going to be postponed...the first-run literature that I picked up still says the D11T retains the 3508B engine, though, again, I'm not sure if this to change.

Last I read, the D11T will have a C32 engine(around 32 liter displacement). A V-12 engine.

GPSGrader

Occupation
Grade Foreman/Operator - 95% Motor Grader
D11t

for the big push

Attachments

• D11T.jpg
    D11T.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 666