• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

751 bobcat wont start

bodieman5112

running out of ideas-looking for some help
have 751 bobcat- peugoet engine that wont start (some backround - would ocassionally lose rpms when going up steep hill or loading on trailer) pulled out fuel tank tube(lovely design by the way) everything intact-- primer ball puts fuel to bleeder valve-- removed shutoff cyl, plunger moves freely-- cracked injector lines-has fuel coming out but not sure if enough?? engine puffs while cranking but not a lot-- tried squeezing primer ball while cranking, didn't make any difference- removed top half of covers to check timing, put bolt in camshaft and pump, belt looked ok so assuming it hadn't jumped time but couldn't see crank pulley mark because didn't pull that lower *#* cover. running out of ideas looking for some help?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I'm not sure which inj. pump is on that engine.. The Delphi pump?? The lines come off the BACK of the pump in a circle & go up to the injectors? OR a PFR pump?? The lines come off the TOP of the pump & go to the injectors? Depending on the #'s on the Delphi pump, it might have a cold start valve on the pump that breaks or sticks.. I'll need the #'s to be sure..

Vetech63

OK, back in my days with Bobcat, the #1 in the model number signified the Deutz air cooled engine. Has that changed?

bodieman5112

thanks for rely - Will look for numbers tonite - however can tell you the lines come off the back of pump - if equipped, where would this valve be located as I don't see anything in service manual about it?

bodieman5112

wanted to update thread-- got tractor running earlier today
embarrassed to tell you I replaced battery with new one and damm if it didn't start up guess it was just a few revolutions to slow
just wanted to say thank for the replies
ps it was a lucas pump

Reactions: 3X8

crewchief888

OK, back in my days with Bobcat, the #1 in the model number signified the Deutz air cooled engine. Has that changed?
that changed with the end of the 40 series machines. the 751 was bobcat's b*****d stepchild, POS engine used to cut costs. it was only around for a short time, until they came to their senses, and put a kubota back in.

:eek: