• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

310E diode locations

SkipBurney

Mine looked nothing like that I checked every disc and floater and they looked like I just took them out of the package. I cut open the trans filter and there was nothing in it al all

JL Sargent

Even with those worn out frictions it would still move around while the fluid was cold and not aerated. After about 20 minutes of running though the tractor would set parking brake and trans oil would be foaming.

I didn't really notice clutch material in the oil at first, but it was quite dirty. I took a bore scope and looked at that screen from the inside of the tube and saw all that material. At first I thought it was organic or something. I used diesel fuel to backwash a bunch of that material off, but with all those frictions breaking down in the trans it would just keep on loading up.

SkipBurney

My parking brake would set and hold and release just fine. I think I went at mine backwards starting with the hardest thing first but when the previous owner said he found bearing parts in the bellhousing and I found small metal pieces I took him at his word and figured there was something wrong with the transmission it turned out to be an old starter bendix. The thing that should have tipped me off was there was no trans fluid in the bellhousing and a bad bearing would have torn up the torque converter seal and it would have been leaking.

JL Sargent

I think I went at mine backwards
Nah, you're just getting to know your new to you backhoe. :) I wonder what shape the synchronizers are in? If they are in good shape you can shift gears on the move. If they are worn out you can shift gears mostly just stopped.

SkipBurney

Well its all back togther and filled with trans and hydraulic fluid, no leaks. I rained for the past 3 days so I just got it finished up today. Charging the batteries and I`ll crank it up tomorrow and see what happens. I found the 3 diodes I was looking for under the machine by the left rear tire. I haven`t checked them yet I am gonna wait and see what happens tomorrow.

boone

Be nice if that screen had an inspection panel, although by the looks of it, it doesn't appear to be a fine mesh screen.

Did it move?

JL Sargent

Before you pulled the trans, didn't the parking brake release properly? If so, you may have simply swapped the electrical connector on that solenoid when putting it all back together. If that all checks out, I guess I would put a pressure gauge on the trans system pressure port and see if you have charge pressure.

SkipBurney

It did release fine, which solenoid is that I just may have gotten them wrong. There are 3 on the side for the 4wd and the one big plug on the trans but thats all I saw. I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me.

SkipBurney

Where is the test port on the charge pump I will get a gauge on it too, I was wondering what it was putting out anyway.

JL Sargent

I found this on the net. Not exactly yours, but look for the port labeled PS. That is a metric thread port. I believe it's 10mm. When all is well I get approx 240 psi there.
2013-05-17_180641_john_deere_310sg_transmission_test_p3_of_3.jpg

SkipBurney

Thanks Sargent I ordered a 10 mm adapter to fit my gauge set today. I found the wires to the clutch disconnect button on the loader completely chewed in half today. I have to find the other ends and check out the button and reconnect that too

SkipBurney

I`m not so sure there are a bunch of splices and cut wires in there. It looks like a 2 year old was in there so I am gonna have to figure it all out. I can jump the starter and it will start up and all of the external hydraulics work just fine but I cant get it to key start or release the parking brake. I took an ohm meter and read the FNR lever on the steering column and it reads out ok. This will be a good machine when I get this all straightened out. The parking brake would release and lock back on when I unloaded it and now it wont unlock. And I am still stuck with the original problem that it wont move. Jack Daniels is looking better and better

Last edited:

SkipBurney

I found this on the net. Not exactly yours, but look for the port labeled PS. That is a metric thread port. I believe it's 10mm. When all is well I get approx 240 psi there.

Got my adapter in today I am gonna check it out later today it is terrible hot here. I found the PS port yesterday. I hate to think the charge pump is bad we pulled it to the shop with my Ford 5000 when I unloaded it and the parking brake wasn`t on then.
2013-05-17_180641_john_deere_310sg_transmission_test_p3_of_3.jpg

SkipBurney

Nope it will not come out, I removed the large line from the transmission to the rear end and cranked it up and it barely has a trickle coming out of the hose.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I removed the large line from the transmission to the rear end

That sounds like the park brake pressure line. There would be no oil there unless you turned the park brake off. Then you would have a mess:eek:.

Go back to post#12 and check items 1, 2 and 3 in that order before doing transmission pressure checks.