• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

310E diode locations

boone

Pretty sure they're both open center. The valves have power passages that allow oil to pass through even when not in use. I did find a diagram of how mine is plumbed which shows the inlet from the pump and outlet to the filter housing. But I don't see Skip's version in the manual.

On edit: This picture is from the SE service manual. Guess there is a separate manual for the E?

Diagram.jpg

Last edited:

boone

I did have one thing wrong in my picture of the stabilizer valve. I labeled in red the big line coming from the pump, but it's coming from the loader valve.

JL Sargent

Guess there is a separate manual for the E?
The E is different. A main hydraulic pump is mounted to the transmission charge pump and that main pump supplies fluid/pressure for FEL, stab, and backhoe functions straight away. There is no unloading valve (20) as pictured above. There is no aux hyd pump (3) as above.

I just tried to go to John Deere parts to look up the SE hyd pump and the site is unavailable at this time. I've always thought that the "E" was an open system while the SE was closed.

Last edited:

JL Sargent

310E hydraulic.png
This picture shows how the main hydraulic system is plumbed. Just that one pump on the back of the transmission charge pump.

boone

I see what you're saying now JL and that picture helps to show the differences. I now see two main pump diagrams in the parts manual, one for the E and one for the SE.

That's a bummer, Skip. Your options seem limited unless you can re-repair your existing valve or find a used one.

SkipBurney

Well I dropped the old one off at the machine shop today to have the o ring sealing surface skim cut flat. My friend at the shop said he has cut several of them over the years to true them up. You could see where it had been leaking past the o ring and I figured if they had done all that brazing on the other side they may have warped it just enough for it not to seal up. I want to use the outlet valve I got from Wengers but I am afraid it is isnt right or if that is the inlet side of my machine it may mess something up when I start the machine up.

SkipBurney

So I’m wondering if that side with the big metal pipe is the return or supply. The line from the pump comes in on the right side of the valve blocks and the leaking block is on the left side of all the valve blocks. I’m tempted to try it but I don’t know what might happen

SkipBurney

Well I picked it up from the machine shop it was warped .020. Hopefully now that it’s flat it will seal up. I will know tomorrow

Attachments

• F682F7DE-90A1-4F55-A3BD-F4A4CF4817FA.jpeg
    F682F7DE-90A1-4F55-A3BD-F4A4CF4817FA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12

SkipBurney

Well it sprayed just as bad as before, I took off all of the brass found a bunch of big spiderweb cracks. I have removed all of the fittings and am making a 1/8 thick doubler plate to cover the entire side and I will TIG weld all the way around it. Then I will TIG weld it all the way around the edge of the bushing thats in the bolt hole and re drill the hole. I`ll keep you posted

boone

If it makes you feel any better, I had to remove my valve bank 3 times before I got my leaks fixed.