• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

310E diode locations

boone

Congratulations! I know that's a good feeling. This thread will be a great troubleshooting thread for anyone with transmission issues. Between Sarg, MG and you, I think you have covered about all that could go wrong.

SkipBurney

Congratulations! I know that's a good feeling. This thread will be a great troubleshooting thread for anyone with transmission issues. Between Sarg, MG and you, I think you have covered about all that could go wrong.
I hope it will help someone else, I was looking under the backhoe and told my brother to start it up and put it in forward and the yoke didnt move, my heart sank but then I told him to cycle the parking brake and when he did that it started spinning like it should. He then put it in neutral and it spun down to a stop and he put it in reverse it started spinning in the other direction. Then we checked the 4wd and it worked like it should too. I`ll finish putting it back togther tomorrow and put it to work. Again I want to say thanks to all of you guys for your help

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Congrats!!!

Trust me, the knowledge you learned in working on, and fixing the machine will be helpful in the future.

R.81e434e8490b2126a1b0e627dc1d13bf

SkipBurney

I used it today and it works great I have only 1 problem, the backhoe control valve looks like it got cracked somehow and it was brazed up but it is leaking pretty bad. Does anyone have any idea where I might get a used one. It sure is nice to shift between fwd and reverse and it shifts smoothly. If I can find a control valve everything will be working just like it should

JL Sargent

Boone took his 310SE backhoe valve apart and reworked it not long ago. His valve is different I imagine, but would give you an idea of how they are put together. I doubt you need the whole shebang, but rather you might need just parts of it. Might look at JD parts online and see what can be bought there. I have seen the whole thing on Ebay, but that's $2 to $3K used.

Last edited:

SkipBurney

On mine the block is cracked and someone tried to weld it back togther and the welding looks like a cats ass sewn shut with a grapevine. even if I have to spend 2k for the think I will still have less than 5 k in the entire machine

boone

The standard valve bank comes apart in about 6 chunks. The inlet and outlet and the four valve bodies. Maybe you can get by with just replacing the one that is cracked. All those valve bodies seem a bit different from each other. It's probably important to match the replacement.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
A backhoe valve section from Deere can be anywhere from $2200-$3800. Which section is it? Post a picture.

boone

Yeah, I don't see how you could crack one of those unless you dropped it.

This looks like your arrangement.

SixFunction.jpg

JL Sargent

That looks right. So Skip you have an extendible dipperstick on your hoe? Maybe that one valve can be swapped on the machine?

SkipBurney

Yeah I have no idea either I am going to pull it off this afternoon and take it to John Deere and tell them I need a new one. No Sarge I sure dont I would swap it out with it if I could but I guess I’m just gonna have to bite the bullet on this one

Tinkerer

How anyone could break that valve body is beyond me but then they tried to braze it back together

The extreme temperature changes put stress on the valve sections.
The pressures they are subjected to. Especially if the reliefs are set tooo high.
Possible uneven or incorrect torque values applied to the valve body bolts. #4 & 6 in the drawing.

SkipBurney

Ok guys this is what I have looking down from above also when I press the pedal in the back it sprays oil around that nut like a geyser. I think I need to get that outer block what do y’all think

Attachments

• 287C05B5-F585-45E2-9E72-98BBBB7FF8B8.jpeg
    287C05B5-F585-45E2-9E72-98BBBB7FF8B8.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 22
  • 7B5EC133-6C08-4A54-86EB-330427A83AF4.jpeg
    7B5EC133-6C08-4A54-86EB-330427A83AF4.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22