• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1994 Hitachi Ex60Urg help

Murray

Glen, the oil is coming out of your Center Swivel. The top seal is leaking the oil into the swing tub and then coming out the turntable. If you can get in there, take the rubber boot off the center swivel, pry it up and you should see oil there.
Glen,
I have the same problem with my 1994 Hitachi EX60URG.
The answer you received is very informitive. "Glen, the oil is coming out of your Center Swivel. The top seal is leaking the oil into the swing tub and then coming out the turntable. If you can get in there, take the rubber boot off the center swivel, pry it up and you should see oil there." The problem is how do u get in there. I have removed all the access plates from under to no avail. Does the entire top have to come off the machine? Can the "center swivel" be dropped out the bottom?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to the forum Murray. :usa

I'm surprized Stock hasn't spotted ya yet as he is from Ireland as well. ;)

If you need to pull the hyd swivel, they generally drop out the bottom of the turntable, but you still have to access the top of the swivel to disconnect hoses from the top as well.

Murray

Re: Hitachi EX60URG. The unit on I thought was the hyd swivel located underneath dead center, is piped to the drive wheels & the blade. The only other visable possibilty is slightly off centre accessable from the top, between the base of the boom & the battery box. Can anyone help me with location of hyd swivel, how to access it & how to remove it for seal replacement?

KenAl

Re: Hitachi EX60URG. The unit on I thought was the hyd swivel located underneath dead center, is piped to the drive wheels & the blade. The only other visable possibilty is slightly off centre accessable from the top, between the base of the boom & the battery box. Can anyone help me with location of hyd swivel, how to access it & how to remove it for seal replacement?

Murray, that was it. Dead center and has the travel piping and the blade plumbing going to it. It drops out the bottom. Should be 3 bolts holding it from under. You have to take the hoses off the top side as well as the bracket that stops it from turning. Then lower it down.
When gettiing parts make sure you mention it has a blade.

mrexfix

looking at your pics this excavator is also a IHI we have them here too
we dont call them grey area /we call them jap domestic
remeber if you can get book in japanies reading shcematics hydruilics and
electrics is an international langage
cant remember how second speed works do think same sytem as kobuta
knot solinoid as one would NORMALY epect
cheers gotta go my kangaroo has escaped

mrexfix

by memery second speed operates by floor pedal same as kubota sytem
cant remember but if im right diverts extra oil to travel motors from blade pump its not solinoid operated
this excavator in my land is also a [IHI] and hitachi
imformation here is also grey area /jap demestic import

dirtydog

check the top seal in rotary joint in the center of the turn table

check the top seal in the rotary joint
Thanks for the reply.
I'll ck. with the Deere dealer.
I'm having a problem with hyd. fluid leaking from the turntable. Doesn't seem to be coming from any of the lines attached to the turn table drive unit.
Any ideas.
Glen

dirtydog

theres six lines in the bottom that need to come off in the top where visable theres 4 lines that go in the top they come off do not forget where these lines go theres 1 lines that go in each side down close to the turn table take them 0ff theres a stay bar with 2 bolts that need to come out after all this is done go back under and pull the 3 bolt that go in from the bottom the joint will come out from the bottom

dirtydog

I need a parts manual or download

I need a parts manual or a copy 1994 ex60urg
Thanks for the reply.
I'll ck. with the Deere dealer.
I'm having a problem with hyd. fluid leaking from the turntable. Doesn't seem to be coming from any of the lines attached to the turn table drive unit.
Any ideas.
Glen

dankdave

From reading these post I sure am glad I bought a Hitachi EX60URG! Kidding aside it was a decent machine until the swing motor started acting up. When started, the swing function will not move or just barely in each direction, motor labors. Then, with either track lever barely open the swing works fine. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Also I would love to get my hands on a download manual. Thanks!:usa

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Hi Aidan, I can email you a copy if you send me your email address

Aiden

Ram3500

Occupation
Land developement, brush clearing, select timber h
I do have an operators manual and parts manual for a 1989 EX60-URG if anyone needs any info.

I see that this is a older post, If you are still around the forum Panorama, Is there any way you'd part with the manuals ? I live near in Cresent Valley. Thanks in advance

Ram3500

Occupation
Land developement, brush clearing, select timber h
I trying to track down info manuals (parts/operators)for my Hitachi ex60urg, its a early 90's model. any help is appreciated as I need to diagnose and repair a few issues.

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Hi chriss, send me your email and il forward it on to you!