• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1994 Hitachi Ex60Urg help

ccmasrc

Occupation
Owner of a Campground in NH
Thanks for letting me Join...
hope you all can help with some questions....

1. Looking for a source of manuals for this machine...
Hitachi USA dose not support it because it is grey market
(found this out after I got it home)

2. Does this machine have more than one ground speed?
there is a switch on the control panel that has no lable

3. is there a John Deere model of this machine?
as I have found out that Hitachi and John Deere are one in the same in
many models.

I am sure I will have more ?s later...

thanks

hydrogeo

My family has a 1995-ish Hitachi EX55UR grey market machine (slightly smaller than your machine) and we have found the same issues. One big thing with our machine is that all the controls are labeled in Japanese, so I have not clue one what half of the buttons and switches do. Our machine does has a foot pedal on the floor to engage high speed travel, but yours may be different.

I did some research and you can get the manuals for the grey Hitachis direct from Hitachi global. I emailed them and they were very responsive but basically asked for my first born for a parts manual, so I have been holding off. There was a used EX60 manual on ebay not long ago (I keep hoping a 55 manual will show up). I stopped by the Deere/Hitachi dealer in Concord NH and the parts counter guy said they cannot get manuals but they do have the CDs for alot of the grey machines and can most likely get parts. We have not had an issue getting filters and common stuff. We have had our machine for a few years and so far it has been a great investment.

ccmasrc

Occupation
Thanks

My family has a 1995-ish Hitachi EX55UR grey market machine (slightly smaller than your machine) and we have found the same issues. One big thing with our machine is that all the controls are labeled in Japanese, so I have not clue one what half of the buttons and switches do. Our machine does has a foot pedal on the floor to engage high speed travel, but yours may be different.

I did some research and you can get the manuals for the grey Hitachis direct from Hitachi global. I emailed them and they were very responsive but basically asked for my first born for a parts manual, so I have been holding off. There was a used EX60 manual on ebay not long ago (I keep hoping a 55 manual will show up). I stopped by the Deere/Hitachi dealer in Concord NH and the parts counter guy said they cannot get manuals but they do have the CDs for alot of the grey machines and can most likely get parts. We have not had an issue getting filters and common stuff. We have had our machine for a few years and so far it has been a great investment.

As a Matter of Fact I was at the dealer in Concord yesterday...
and got some info but nothing on whether I have more than one ground speed
and how to shift it.

I also have a foot pedal... but this is for moving the offset boom left and right...

hydrogeo

Yup, ours has the funky split boom too. Must be really popular overseas. I actually use it quite a bit. Again, your machine is probably way different but our high speed travel is activated by a small round pedal that you hit with your right heel. It's almost under the seat. Gotta believe that your machine is two speed as well.

ccmasrc

Occupation
Thanks Again

Yup, ours has the funky split boom too. Must be really popular overseas. I actually use it quite a bit. Again, your machine is probably way different but our high speed travel is activated by a small round pedal that you hit with your right heel. It's almost under the seat. Gotta believe that your machine is two speed as well.

If you get a chance shoot me a pic of your unit, mayby even a pic of the controls you are talking about...

I will try to post some good shots here tomorrow

ccmasrc

Occupation
Some pics of the ex60urg

PB040002.JPG

PB040003.JPG

PB040004.JPG
The button above the key is the one I have the question about

and I double checked ...
there is no foot control for ground speed

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF ccmasrc! :drinkup

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to HEF hydrogeo! :drinkup

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer
Very nice paint job

My 1997 Komatsu PC-75UU-2E is only one speed, but has the button on the floor for 2 speeds. Nameplate says it is only one speed. Kilometer / hr is same Japanese to English! I wonder why the kept the button?

I have an L39 Kubota, a B7200 Kubota and the PC-75UU-2E. I find the excavator very expensive as I am always breaking something, and all my stuff just seems too small for what I ask of it. NH is tough land.

I wish I had a 15 ton excavator and a heavier TLB.

Your machine is a lot heavier that most mini excavators. Go luck with it.

I wonder how much work a typical mini can really do against rocks and hard clay.

Attachments

• BRF_DSC02399_10-28-07.JPG
    BRF_DSC02399_10-28-07.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 5,425

ccmasrc

Occupation
The Granite State

My 1997 Komatsu PC-75UU-2E is only one speed, but has the button on the floor for 2 speeds. Nameplate says it is only one speed. Kilometer / hr is same Japanese to English! I wonder why the kept the button?

I have an L39 Kubota, a B7200 Kubota and the PC-75UU-2E. I find the excavator very expensive as I am always breaking something, and all my stuff just seems too small for what I ask of it. NH is tough land.

I wish I had a 15 ton excavator and a heavier TLB.

Your machine is a lot heavier that most mini excavators. Go luck with it.

I wonder how much work a typical mini can really do against rocks and hard clay.

I agree with you, NH is tough diggin'

cadyman

Hitachi EX60

I have a EX60 and am also looking for a service manual, My machine is a 1991 or 94 I have had it about 5 years. There is only one ground speed, there is a flat switch on control panel it is a EP Extra power switch, flip it one way and it governs the motor or flip it the other way and get more power, I bought hydraulic filters ect for a E70B Caterpillar and they are supposed to be the same machine I was told. Hope this info helps. Cadyman

cadyman

email address

cadyman

Hitachi EX60

Thanks for letting me Join...
hope you all can help with some questions....

1. Looking for a source of manuals for this machine...
Hitachi USA dose not support it because it is grey market
(found this out after I got it home)

2. Does this machine have more than one ground speed?
there is a switch on the control panel that has no lable

3. is there a John Deere model of this machine?
as I have found out that Hitachi and John Deere are one in the same in
many models.

I am sure I will have more ?s later...

thanks

I just wanted to add that mine is a EX60 but does look just like your machine, Cadyman

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to HEF cadyman! :drinkup

SouthOnBeach

Occupation
jack of all trades
we have an EX50urg. great machine IMHO. a guy that i know had a parts book for the same machine as mine, i just made a copy of his. as far as a repair manual goes i have not been able to find one. the machine is pretty basic to work on from what i have run into. haven't had any problems that a little thinking and looking at a diffrent machines repair manual couldn't solve.

the switch above the key i would guess is basicly an auto-idle control switch.

find a good Deer/Hitachi dealer thats helpful. they should be able to get you almost any part that you need.

catman119

that button above the key controls engine rpm.one way is performance the other is economy for fuel saving ect. any idea what the preasures are for all the valve reliefs?

catman119

that switch above the key is the performance/economy switch.one way raises the engine rpm the other limits rpm.any ideas on the valve presures values someone was playing with mine and there all out

thanks

ccmasrc

Occupation
parts book

we have an EX50urg. great machine IMHO. a guy that i know had a parts book for the same machine as mine, i just made a copy of his. as far as a repair manual goes i have not been able to find one. the machine is pretty basic to work on from what i have run into. haven't had any problems that a little thinking and looking at a diffrent machines repair manual couldn't solve.

the switch above the key i would guess is basicly an auto-idle control switch.

find a good Deer/Hitachi dealer thats helpful. they should be able to get you almost any part that you need.

any chance you would make me a copy?
I could pay yo for your trouble...
thanks