• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1994 Hitachi Ex60Urg help

soiled undies

dirty manual

Hey dirt digglers, Where you find the manual for 790 elc John deere, most of the parts are hitachi, but with the deere name. :rolleyes:

Glen

Ex60 Urg

Happy Thanksgiving dirtmovers;
Also looking for a service/ maint. manual for my EX60.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Glen
Thanks for letting me Join...
hope you all can help with some questions....

1. Looking for a source of manuals for this machine...
Hitachi USA dose not support it because it is grey market
(found this out after I got it home)

2. Does this machine have more than one ground speed?
there is a switch on the control panel that has no lable

3. is there a John Deere model of this machine?
as I have found out that Hitachi and John Deere are one in the same in
many models.

I am sure I will have more ?s later...

thanks

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Glen! :drinkup

Glen

Ex60urg

Thanks for the reply.
I'll ck. with the Deere dealer.
I'm having a problem with hyd. fluid leaking from the turntable. Doesn't seem to be coming from any of the lines attached to the turn table drive unit.
Any ideas.
Glen

SouthOnBeach

Occupation
jack of all trades
any chance you would make me a copy?
I could pay yo for your trouble...
thanks

i could try and find it at dad's when i'm there at christmas time.
before i go copying it i could scan a few diffrent pages and email them to you so you can see if its even close. i think they are goin to be a little different though because of the year

KenAl

Thanks for the reply.
I'll ck. with the Deere dealer.
I'm having a problem with hyd. fluid leaking from the turntable. Doesn't seem to be coming from any of the lines attached to the turn table drive unit.
Any ideas.
Glen

Glen, the oil is coming out of your Center Swivel. The top seal is leaking the oil into the swing tub and then coming out the turntable. If you can get in there, take the rubber boot off the center swivel, pry it up and you should see oil there.

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Also a new member here, Just bought a hitachi EX60 and downloaded the spec sheet from their website. Im looking for more detailed info (valve pressures, Filter numbers, Fluid types...). Would the dealer sheet give me those numbers? This is my first machine so there will prolly be many more questions to follow!! I transport equipment for alot of local contractors in my area and they seem to be out straight with work and i am hoping to cut down of the fuel comsumption in my truck.

Thanks, steve

legalpad

Looks familiar

Son of a gun. Did u get that EX60URG from a Mass dealer in October? I missed one just like it by one day. Might've been you. Anyway I just picked up a 1996 Cat 307, 6000 hours, split boom, grey iron, and am looking for manuals. Or does anyone know what the comparable Mitsubishi model is? Thanks.

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums legalpad! :drinkup

atk_nut

Ex60urg

Hello all, I'm also new here and have just purchased an ex60urg. Not sure what year, but I'm thinking early 90's.

I have an EP switch as well but it's below the key, I'll try to take some pictures. How does the EP work? (So that I can make sure it is working properly.)

I was also wondering what the "hydraulic pushbutton" is attached to the throttle linkage under the hood. When I push the lever to max rpm, the linkage doesn't come anywhere near pushing the button.

Any ideas?

Did anyone ever find a source for a service manual?

atk_nut

Ok, the ep switch was in front of the key.

I have the pictures of the valve, but can't seem to find out how to attach. Any ideas on that?

Anyway, I traced the hose back to a small valve body mounted to the panel behind the main pump. It has 4 hoses attached that go somewhere where I can't see.

Thanks.

catman119

ex60urg

are you talking about that switch between the two throttle linkages?
that switch gets energized when you turn on or off the ep button it pushes against the throttle lever to reduce engine rpm.
hope thats what you wanted

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums atk nut! :drinkup

I have the pictures of the valve, but can't seem to find out how to attach. Any ideas on that?

Check out the second red link in my signature for help with posting pictures. :)

jrexcavating

EX 55 UR Button

On my joy sticks their is a button on the top of each.. One is the Horn but the other one when pressed just beeps and the little red on the panel flashes.
Any know what it does???:Banghead

busta

Occupation
Light Constuction
ex55ur manual or boom help

I have a 1993 Hitachi ex55ur the boom will go up but not down and the dipper will go out but not in. We tried replacing an angle sensor but that didn't help $1200 bucks later still has the same problem. Anyone have any ideas?