• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1982 Volvo White AutoCar Heavy Haul Truck at gov.deals.com

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
What is that rear suspension? The axle configuration looks like Mack, but I've never seen where the springs sit 'on' the axle. I first thought Hendrickson, then thought Camelback, now. I don't know what to think. Anybody got any nuggets of knowledge to share on this?

Truck Shop

Kenworth had there version of it called Big Six and Hendrickson had basically the same design. With out a better side view it's hard to tell for sure.

Truck Shop

The "It ran at one time but we think it has a bad fuel pump. Runs on ethe." comment makes me want to run a mile...…...

You just set several cases in the passengers seat and give it a shot every few seconds, Rings? what about piston rings?

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Real similar in spec to the C500 I had. It was a 1693 and 65k rears. Too bad it doesn’t have planetary rears.

When you have a need for them you love em. When they sit, as they often do, they turn to $hit!

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
More C500 info please.

Real similar in spec to the C500 I had. It was a 1693 and 65k rears. Too bad it doesn’t have planetary rears.

When you have a need for them you love em. When they sit, as they often do, they turn to $hit!

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
More C500 info please.

It was a 74 (give or take a year) 1693, Allison auto, 1241C aux, 65k rears, Braden winch. At one point in its life it was a Hodges truck then it went to WI where Manesis had it then I got it. Jospeh Equipment bought it from me a few years ago. Great site truck.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Notice the big pattern budds on the front axle? Looks like 22" rubber, could be 24".
Worked on some Autocars with those all the way around. The tire guys had to borrow my 15/16" square socket and the 1-3/4" hex socket all the time. They were too cheap to put a set in all of their trucks.