• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1982 Volvo White AutoCar Heavy Haul Truck at gov.deals.com

Truck Shop

I notice it had Vickers Power Ram assist steering, actually pretty common in those days. About the only way to keep the old stuff running is to buy up any and every thing laying around.
Then come up with a place to store it. Finding a shop including Cat that can successfully and properly rebuild a 3406 mechanical pump anymore is a real task in it's self.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I notice it had Vickers Power Ram assist steering, actually pretty common in those days. About the only way to keep the old stuff running is to buy up any and every thing laying around.
Then come up with a place to store it. Finding a shop including Cat that can successfully and properly rebuild a 3406 mechanical pump anymore is a real task in it's self.

Yes it did and we had issues with the cylinders at one point. I’ve got space for the stuff but not the need for the trucks I once had. Crazy thing is I’ve got half a 40’ container full of parts for the 63 Autocar. One of these days lol

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Fabick FOUND and sold a reman to a old friend in St.Charles for a Show truck, he gave $15000 for it as was shipped in from somewhere OFF continent, his old one did NOT core out. BTW NO Cams with it.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
No one said anything of where that Mochine sits, Savannah River Project, likely hauled Radioactive waste loads around in HUGE containers, hopefully does not glow in the dark. Zoomed in as far as could on Rear sidewall, Goodyears, appear to be 24 tube type on Three Piece Firestones ICK!!!

Truck Shop

The truth is on that 1982 Autocar from the looks of it is worth about what the value of tires holding it up are. Really it looks rough-rode hard and put away wet. IMO

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
The truth is on that 1982 Autocar from the looks of it is worth about what the value of tires holding it up are. Really it looks rough-rode hard and put away wet. IMO

Agreed. Last look I had it was at the top of the mark value wise. We bid a site job and when their safety guy got done with his list for Baby Huey I about fell over. I don’t think a new truck would pass! Everything is such a pain these days.

Truck Shop

The price of repairing that Cummins KT is enough alone to put you in the poor house. About 12 years ago I was asked to look at a Massey 1150 wheel tractor for a buyer, It had 11,000 hrs on it.
I told the guy wanting it get in your pickup and drive off. Nope he just had to have it. While running it off the lowboy at his farm it dropped a valve, $44,000 later it was running, then the finals
took a dump.