• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Winter Works

20/80

Occupation
operator
We got a dusting last night. Not a lot of frost in the ground, but it's hard enough. No grader plowing this year again. I noticed they had covered the exhaust on it the other day. Spent Friday moving loaders down to the malls for the pending snow that we never got yesterday. Hope it is not a snow then rain winter again.
That seems to have been the trend the last couple of years, thinking we will get the snow to rain then flash freeze trend, hoping for more cold weather and a couple of feet of frost to kill off those dam ticks

20/80

Occupation
operator
No snow for me down here yet been really nice weather mid 40’s up to 60 here last couple weeks next two weeks look mild also just really dry no moisture all last month haven’t put any snow equipment on probably won’t till we have some cold weather or we got a storm coming got one of my new cat 150s showing up end of December excited to get that machine.
Yeah its been kinda the same here weather wise, but living on the Atlantic ocean we get crazy weather bombs that can come in as snow, please send pics of your new 150, thanks

20/80

Occupation
operator
Our department is in a panic racing around trying to get the salt plow trucks ready for this upcoming storm, lol caught with there pants down :)

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
Yeah its been kinda the same here weather wise, but living on the Atlantic ocean we get crazy weather bombs that can come in as snow, please send pics of your new 150, thanks
I will definitely get some good pictures my board let me spec it out so definitely excited to get plus I get all new snow equipment with it

20/80

Occupation
operator
Hi guy's, well we got a foot of wet snow dropped on us out of this last storm on Monday in my area, was hard pushing, we left the back roads for a day than had to scrape them, mould board only the plow just wanted to dig in where it was so soft, slow going, things have frozen up now with the drop in Temps and was doing some ice blading yesterday, light rain is now in the Forecast lol, so that should make things interesting, temps are suppose to warm up on the weekend so hopefully the back roads will clear off, I'm hoping this won't be the trend for the winter, still working on getting my machine ready, no wing and tower on yet, just front plow, should have her ready by next week, my partner is studding the front tires today, putting on front fenders, and plow lights also.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Hi guy's, well we got a foot of wet snow dropped on us out of this last storm on Monday in my area, was hard pushing, we left the back roads for a day than had to scrape them, mould board only the plow just wanted to dig in where it was so soft, slow going, things have frozen up now with the drop in Temps and was doing some ice blading yesterday, light rain is now in the Forecast lol, so that should make things interesting, temps are suppose to warm up on the weekend so hopefully the back roads will clear off, I'm hoping this won't be the trend for the winter, still working on getting my machine ready, no wing and tower on yet, just front plow, should have her ready by next week, my partner is studding the front tires today, putting on front fenders, and plow lights also.
Just a skim here. Been cold, but supposed to warm up. Been at our quarry all week digging shot rock from the face for the crusher. It's about an hour north of here, and there is about 6 inches of snow there.

20/80

Occupation
operator
Going to be mild the next few days, high of plus 10c/45F with high winds 100KM/65MPH on Monday with some rain, Don't like this trend

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Going to be mild the next few days, high of plus 10c/45F with high winds 100KM/65MPH on Monday with some rain, Don't like this trend
Yeah the little dusting we had is gone, same here plus 15 rain and high winds

20/80

Occupation
operator
-9C/24F here this morning, weather front moving in for this area, forecasting 146mm/6" rain and high winds plus 12C/44F over a 3 day event, expecting lots of back road washouts and flooding and power outages, when the cold starts setting in could be some major snow storms if the pattern holds, going to be busy next few days

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
-9C/24F here this morning, weather front moving in for this area, forecasting 146mm/6" rain and high winds plus 12C/44F over a 3 day event, expecting lots of back road washouts and flooding and power outages, when the cold starts setting in could be some major snow storms if the pattern holds, going to be busy next few days
Yeah real crazy temp swings. It has been cold enough that there is about a foot of frost in the ground, and rain most of this week

20/80

Occupation
operator
Going to be a wild night, we are having some troubles with our 140m as of no surprise, lol, 2 lights on, one is saying high hyd fluid temp, we figure that one is a sensor, not sure what the other one is, also we were backing it out the other day to clean the bay out and it seemed to have locked its brake on right side, moved ahead and back and it seem to let go, hoping its not another tandem chain issue, has anyone had trouble with their brakes locking on their 140m's and what would cause them to lock, thanks

20/80

Occupation
operator
A foot of snow has fallen ontop of the flooding and washouts, what a mess to say the least, nothing but mud under the snow on the back roads, what a nightmare, just got power and Internet back after two days in the dark, hope this is not going to be our trend for the winter, the water has dropped now but was 3-4 feet deep over some main roads here, alot of people where blocked in and couldn't be reached easily, seen a few cabins floating in the lakes and down river, its a good thing the river wasn't froze up with ice we would need boats to get around, crazy weather

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
We have had great mild weather last 2 weeks and of course the week of Christmas we got a storm coming in starting out as rain saying inch of rain then freezing rain the 2 to 8 inches of snow going to put plows on hopefully it will just rain. Merry Christmas everyone and stay safe out there

20/80

Occupation
operator
I expect to be called out tomorrow, Alot of the back roads need major repairs done, with all the flooding a lot of the back roads got washed out, lol, they wouldn't dare call us in during the holiday's they would have to pay the extra, lol, Happy holiday's everyone!!!