• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thunderbird Yarders, Loaders, and Etc from the Murray's in Eugene Oregon

REDFOX

Hey Johnson, I too would like to know Serial # on that TY90 you found on Facebook. I do know it is not 9042 as this is owned by A.G Sinton. 9054 is working here for Peter Mold up The top of NZ. I gotta learn how to post pictures! 9058 is here working for Rosewarne Logging. I have found another TY90 working in the Sounds, owned by Pelorous Logging but don't know its #. Hope this helps

cat3208

Thanks again! Nice pics!
I dug out all my old literature, pics, build lists, etc and will be posting them here over the next 20 years or so. I have alot more than I remembered, so that's that.

Here are a couple Thunderbird 'BC Series' shovel shots for warmup.

Last edited:

johnson

I dont think 9048 was converted I found a pictureof it from 2 or 3 months ago and it was still on a Washington Carrier.I looked thru th whole Thunderbird thread ut can't find the 942 pictures could you possibly repost them or quote the post?

I also found this on 9042 (Bremmyer's yarder) kinda confuses me becouse you said it is still on he Washington????

There were 4 of these TY-90's mounted on Washington SP carriers. Wimer got 2, Fred Moore got 1, and Bill Bremmeyer got 1. Bremmeyer's was yellow- and the only TY-90 hoist painted yellow from the factory. it was striped in orange and black just like the others- what would normally be tan was just yellow instead. The orange really popped- wish I could find my pics... It was pulled over at Greenwater and the hoist was pulled off the Washington and put on a Skagit. Bent the frame on the carrier, bent both sections of tube.....

After the re-built the whole works was painted tan- standard TB colors and Skagit T100 SP tower...

Redwood Climber

942 Shovel

I dont think 9048 was converted I found a pictureof it from 2 or 3 months ago and it was still on a Washington Carrier.I looked thru th whole Thunderbird thread ut can't find the 942 pictures could you possibly repost them or quote the post?

I also found this on 9042 (Bremmyer's yarder) kinda confuses me becouse you said it is still on he Washington????

The pictures of the 942 shovel are on page 28, post #408 of this thread if that's what your looking for. She is a real beauty....I drool over her quite often.

Last edited:

johnson

Typo

I'm looking for pictures of a TY-90 Thunderbird yarder SN 9042 guess I forgot to put in a zero there.That 942 is a nice shovel but I like the 1240's beter.

hoechucker

Pickel out of canyonville(I think) but it is working in northern California. it was built new for Boak logging.not sure if that helps.

furpo

Ty9042

Sorry Johnson; I sent you on a wild goose chase. I never posted the photos because they are crap. Here they are.

Attachments

• Photo0070.jpg
    Photo0070.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,218
  • Photo0074.jpg
    Photo0074.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,229
  • Photo0071.jpg
    Photo0071.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,208

furpo

Those are both photos of 9042.

I have a bit more info on the Olsen / Skyline Harvesting TY90. It is obviously not 9048 if it was still on the Washington carrier a couple of months ago. The Olsen TY90 has been in NZ for about 15 years and was imported with no ID tag therefore the identity of this machine is unknown. It does still have the carrier tag which is A116. I assume this is a BU739 number so would have been BU739-A116. I could get the engine serial number if anyone has build records which for which we could track the machine by that method.