• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thunderbird Yarders, Loaders, and Etc from the Murray's in Eugene Oregon

johnson

I gathered some info on TY-80s:
- Y-8037 (slackline hoist) went to Pacific Lumber and Shipping don't know what happened to it
- Y-8036 (slackline hoist) don't know who the original owner was but in the previous post REDFOX said it went to New Zealand
- Y-8035 (highlead hoist)that I posted pictures of I think it's an Ex-Weyerhauser rig but I'm not sure
But what happened to the third slackline hoist?And an off topic question but what happened to the second PTY-400 that went to the Alaska Pulp Corporation?

Rusty Grapple

I gathered some info on TY-80s:
- Y-8037 (slackline hoist) went to Pacific Lumber and Shipping don't know what happened to it
- Y-8036 (slackline hoist) don't know who the original owner was but in the previous post REDFOX said it went to New Zealand
- Y-8035 (highlead hoist)that I posted pictures of I think it's an Ex-Weyerhauser rig but I'm not sure
But what happened to the third slackline hoist?And an off topic question but what happened to the second PTY-400 that went to the Alaska Pulp Corporation?

I don't check in here as often as I should but I just saw this; Here you go:

Y-8035: Sold new to Weyerhaeuser (Raymond, Washington) on 12-7-1990. Currently for sale in Washington.
Y-8036: Sold new to PND Logging (New Zealand) on 5-26-1992. Still down there somwhere.
Y-8037: Sold new to Pacific Lumber & Shipping (Randle, Washington) on 9-8-1993. Currently owned by Weherhaeuser at Cosmopolis.
Y-8038: Sold new to Weyerhaeuser (Springfeild, Oregon) on 6-2-1994. Currently at Castle Rock, Washington (and looks great)!

Most if not all of these yarders can be seen in the Thunderbird Gallery @ http://www.pbase.com/rustygrapple

The ad below shows TY-80 S/N Y-8036 right before it shipped out of Eugene to NZ in 1992-

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• TB ad EWC RG.jpg
    TB ad EWC RG.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,410
Last edited:

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
Hi Rusty grapple.
The one that came down under, was sold to a canadian guy who came here called pete dancer. he went back to canada after a few years, and sold it to a kiwi, **** prestage, who worked in BC canada for 20 odd years before coming home here.
**** sold it to Havard logging from masterton who worked up here, then shifted it to the whangarei are of nz, where it still is. AFAIK.

Rose1

Colin Rosewarne is the one who owns 9058 and also owns the 70 number 7060. My name is Lars and I have just bought in the 90 mentioned above. Going to do a bit of work on it, changing the cab and a paint touch up. Will post some photo's when done.

csquared

Colin Rosewarne is the one who owns 9058 and also owns the 70 number 7060. My name is Lars and I have just bought in the 90 mentioned above. Going to do a bit of work on it, changing the cab and a paint touch up. Will post some photo's when done.
hey,
check out the loaders, limbers and road builders thread, might be some gear you recognize.

Roadswitcher

Hi Lars - tried to send 'PM' but no luck so are you able to 'PM' me. Ross J

johnson

Does anyone have pictures of Y-9042 Y-9065?I'm scratch building the TY-90 build records it will be realy cool when I'm finished,you will have a S/N , date of manufacture , carrier and owner names for all the TY-90.It's going good so far but I'm missing 17 S/N s and pictures of 11 rigs,including the above mentioned Y-9054 and Y-9058

Rose1

The 90 S/N 9054 belongs to Peter Mold. Can get some photos of it from Pete. The other one S/N 9058 I can get some from Colin. I know Nigel Kelly in Nelson has 2 90's. Will give him a ring & get the S/N

johnson

Thanks for the info man I apreacheate all the help i can get and I'm looking forward to those pictures and other info.

Roadswitcher

The 90 S/N 9054 belongs to Peter Mold. Can get some photos of it from Pete. The other one S/N 9058 I can get some from Colin. I know Nigel Kelly in Nelson has 2 90's. Will give him a ring & get the S/N

Lars, we have an unidentified TY90 featured in post 259, page 18 of this thread. I think Furpo got it from from an advertisement - I'm thinking it is Peter' Mold's 9054 as there was a TMY 50 for sale too with it and I know Peter has/did have #5079 - are you able to confirm and also verify my records of TMY 70, #R7049 with your name pencilled along side it. With your 90, there will be eight in NZ.

On a personal level, I think our paths crossed briefly when Gough's delivered a TY45 up your way in 1995 - I was travelling around with them at the time. Is it still about.

Rose1

I will talk to Pete tomorrow,and yes we did own 7049-7077 and still own 7060-70101-70105-5134.I do remember you ,but i think it was in the winter of 1994.I sold that TY45 last year.Good to hear from you , you have a great memory

johnson

Does anyone know the S/N of Bighorns TY-90?What was the S/N of the first TY-90 ever built?As I said a few posts back I'm skratch building the TY-90 build records and I realy need your help.After 4 days of work,26 rigs + 2 Ross SP carriers and 19 S/N-s I ran out of pictures and info.And then my computer broke down 3 days ago (I have a copy of the build records on a USB so all is not lost).So somebody please help me I cant do this alone.

Last edited:

johnson

Ok I wolud like to thank everyyone that helped me on my project and everyone that posted in this thread.I have a problem,with the informations I the serial numbers go from Y-9035 to Y-9069 and that would be OK if the two Ross SP carriers werent counted in so im missing two hoists their serial numbers would probably be Y-9070 and Y-9071???Does anyone knnow anything about that?