• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skid Steer + CTL Pictures!

Grit

Wow, those are cool pics, durallymax, thanks for sharing. I knew it was big, I just didn't know how big, LOL. You have more farm equipment than I thought you did. Your skids are probably the smallest piece of heavy equipment you guys have, lol.

Hey, I hear ya about the ranchers. We have the same type of weekend warriors over here as well, but we do have ranchers that have hundreds to thousands of acres to manage, pretty much all over the state. We probably had a lot more farming operations of good size at one time, but most of the small time operations have been knocked out of the game by the bigger boys. Maybe the government has a lot to do with that, I don't know.

I'm not a farmer or rancher. I just live on a small 16 acres out here in the woods. My main purpose for that skid is to clear some of my property so I can see the other end of it, lol. I just can't imagine having to do what you do every day. You got my respect! And thanks again for the pics!

durallymax

Nice pictures Durally. Do you guys raise wheat?

Nope no wheat. We do raise other cereal crops for forage, triticale, rye and some oats.

I'm enjoying them, too. What state or province is it?

Wisconsin.

Cutting hay

16555_10201074342954699_47613114_n.jpg

Cutting sorghum

20130826_194903_zps1353377d.jpg

Manure tanker

20130914_144610_zpse8536df7.jpg

Steering, they also have suspension to. Steering runs off hitch and sense angle then sends hydraulics to steer wheels. We could have air brakes on it as the Fendt will run them but when we got it we still had the Agco so we had to go hydraulic. With the exhaust brake on the Fendt we don't use them much anyways.

houle steer.jpg

Injecting manure

injecting.jpg

durallymax

Play in the snow when we have to as well, have to get the employees to the farm and feed to all of the other farms.

240snow.jpg

167970_1870939931973_901891_n.jpg

171105_1767469260496_6980166_o.jpg

Had to take the interstate home this night, barely made it through the backroads after pulling out 23 cars and decided I didn't want to risk getting stuck at midnight with a tractor. Were not too far off the interstate and I was 15 miles from the farm giving the guy who does our excavating a ride to his big plowing job. Figured it wasn't something I'd get to do often.

456807_4698925585072_1036335482_o.jpg

After that night.

470481_4698926625098_2041753657_o.jpg

durallymax

Friends of ours that run a custom chopping business that we help out once and awhile.

18145_1242179746649_4839990_n.jpg

The joy of digging for metal. Chopper automatically stops when it senses rocks or metal.

257914_10150211691448415_7163000_o.jpg

We screw around once and awhile too.

DSCN0571.jpg
IMG_289738258904724_zpse239a98e.jpg

durallymax

Always plent of oops over the years too

Burnt chopper at our friends that we help haul for.

47006_1482462953579_7692195_n.jpg

Transferring manure on the road after a spindle broke on the green tanker.

balzer transfer.jpg

Dealer picked up tractor to work on it and road started getting covered in snow, slid back down the hill and rolled the trailer.

Buhler Rolled.jpg

Folded boom into some high power lines on accident. They were too low though for how high of voltage they were. New tires and it was fine.

sprayer fire.jpg

To steep of a sidehill on snow.

tanker tree.jpg

StumpyWally

Liv'in the Dream ---------------> in Ballston, NY
Occupation
PE Civil Eng'r, Computer Sys. Mgr., Retired
Driving a Fendt, everyone acts like they are spaceships for some reason.

The Fendt tractor controls look like the Star Ship Enterprise!!

Just imagine if Fendt made a skid steer...!!

Really enjoyed your pictures, durallymax, & your explanations. How many head of milk cows?? Any plans to add milking robots to your milking parlor?? I recently heard of some in my area on a 400-head operation.

durallymax

You need to give those cows some grass Durally.

Well not to be a smartass but theres snow on the ground so????

They do go on pasture when dried up. If theres something you do not like about freestall style housing I'll gladly talk to you about it.

The Fendt tractor controls look like the Star Ship Enterprise!!

Just imagine if Fendt made a skid steer...!!

Really enjoyed your pictures, durallymax, & your explanations. How many head of milk cows?? Any plans to add milking robots to your milking parlor?? I recently heard of some in my area on a 400-head operation.

700. No robots. Remodeling parlor soon though. Robots have their ups and downs, most work the best on smaller to mid size farms.

RCTech9

Well not to be a smartass but theres snow on the ground so????

They do go on pasture when dried up. If theres something you do not like about freestall style housing I'll gladly talk to you about it.

700. No robots. Remodeling parlor soon though. Robots have their ups and downs, most work the best on smaller to mid size farms.

I suppose i should say baled grass my bad. Obviously you cant graze cows in the winter. How fast does that Masey go?

mitch504

baled grass? do you mean hay? or feeding them marijuana so they get the munchies and gain weight? :D

Believe it or not, there is a university research project feeding stems and debris to hogs. The early results are promising.

RCTech9

baled grass? do you mean hay? or feeding them marijuana so they get the munchies and gain weight? :D

Believe it or not, there is a university research project feeding stems and debris to hogs. The early results are promising.

I guess i consider alfalfa hay and grass, is grass, but thats just me.
Since this thread got turned into farm picture also, i have a couple.
Combine 001.jpgCombine 002.jpgCombine 003.jpgCombine 004.jpgCombine 005.jpg

Last edited:

durallymax

I suppose i should say baled grass my bad. Obviously you cant graze cows in the winter. How fast does that Masey go?

They do get baled hay, its part of their TMR.

The MF and Fendt both do 34mph. MF uses Fendt's CVT and rear end. 30mph is optional in the US on the MF. In Europe they will do 60kph, but the US will not allow it due to not having a mechanical connection for the steering. Fendt has a pump mounted in the front housing which is always pumping as long as the front wheels are turning so you never loose steering, but apparently thats not good enough in the US yet. I think Ohio may have allowed it though. I could care less about the MF, don't like the at all thats our last one in the picture. We have the dual circuit air brakes on the Fendt as well so the front and rear brakes are seperate circuits and the MFWD is not engaged for front braking like on most other NA tractors. The Front wheels have their own brakes. There are a lot more safety features on Fendt's when it comes to road travel than many other tractors in the US other than JCB. The Dual circuit braking also comes with Fendt Stability control which changes the steering response and locks the IFS side to side compensation for better handling. The cab sits on a three point air ride setup.

RCTech9

They do get baled hay, its part of their TMR.

The MF and Fendt both do 34mph. MF uses Fendt's CVT and rear end. 30mph is optional in the US on the MF. In Europe they will do 60kph, but the US will not allow it due to not having a mechanical connection for the steering. Fendt has a pump mounted in the front housing which is always pumping as long as the front wheels are turning so you never loose steering, but apparently thats not good enough in the US yet. I think Ohio may have allowed it though. I could care less about the MF, don't like the at all thats our last one in the picture. We have the dual circuit air brakes on the Fendt as well so the front and rear brakes are seperate circuits and the MFWD is not engaged for front braking like on most other NA tractors. The Front wheels have their own brakes. There are a lot more safety features on Fendt's when it comes to road travel than many other tractors in the US other than JCB. The Dual circuit braking also comes with Fendt Stability control which changes the steering response and locks the IFS side to side compensation for better handling. The cab sits on a three point air ride setup.
Was curious. Our CaseIH MX270 can go 26 down a hill if im pushing it. Do they get annoyed when you drive tractors on the interstate there?

durallymax

Was curious. Our CaseIH MX270 can go 26 down a hill if im pushing it. Do they get annoyed when you drive tractors on the interstate there?

It's illegal, but it was during a two day blizzard that we got two feet of snow in. It was only 10 miles, and its a 6 lane interstate so I stayed on the shoulder. I was doing 35mph and traffic was doing 45mph so it wasn't a huge difference. it was after midnight too so there wasn't many cars, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. I didn't want to be stranded though on a back road with nobody to help.

RCTech9

It's illegal, but it was during a two day blizzard that we got two feet of snow in. It was only 10 miles, and its a 6 lane interstate so I stayed on the shoulder. I was doing 35mph and traffic was doing 45mph so it wasn't a huge difference. it was after midnight too so there wasn't many cars, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. I didn't want to be stranded though on a back road with nobody to help.
Yeah being stranded on a backroad probably wouldnt be too pleasant.