• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skid Steer + CTL Pictures!

durallymax

durally !!! ….. Hey Man you need a Bath ! …… LOL …. What were you side loading or filling ? ….

Its a bedding shooter. Use it to bed freestalls. We primarily use dried paper pulp with some lime. It's actually blue stuff when delivered. They use sawdust everywhere else and if we run out of pulp they will use sawdust as well. Now that I think of it we just got a lot of rice hulls too, that stuff can be a complete mess. Drivers deliver it with respirators because of how irritating it is. Nice to have the sealed cab for that, its where my opinion of how poor our L220 sealed and how good the 262 seals was formed.

It looks dirty but it was actually just cleaned not too long ago. It only takes a couple days to look like that again. The liquid manure flys up onto the sides and then the dust sticks to it. IIRC this picture was just after a damp day too so that makes it look even worse.

This is generally why I say ag machines may not get used to their potential capacity/power wise but they sure get used hard if not harder than in construction in some ways. Corrosive manure, and dust everywhere in confined areas. I'm so happy to see that the D series are setup for a pre-cleaner.

This was right after I got home with it when it was new a little over a year ago.

2012-08-23_21-35-05_955.jpg

This is what they call a compost barn. The concept is to actually compost the bedding under the cows. You have to use a very fine bedding, we add sawdust every other week. In order for it to compost you have to keep the bacteria alive and working so we stir it every day. I took an old 7 shank chisel plow and cut it down to a small 8'x3 frame and moved all of the shanks onto those two bars, then converted it to a 3pt mount. We have it mounted on an old 856 IH and it actually works it enough even though its pretty loose stuff. It is digging over 18" deep though. We used a big rototiller on the back of it before but it only went 12" deep and we wouldn't get the full composting effect.

This picture is when we were cleaning it out. Once it gets to 6' deep or so we go in with 4 spreaders usually and the loader and clean it all out. Takes a solid day, in between loads the loader operator stacks what he can outside to get it done in time, can't have the cows standing in the lane waiting for too long. The stuff comes out of there as nice moist compost. Not many spreaders will do a good job of spreading it. Its plenty heavy, we have a 4.5yd bucket on the loader and you know the buckets full.

Any of our cows with foot problems and such go out there, they love it. Its really soft and really warm.

You can actually see our bedding storage in this photo. Its a 60x80 quonset shed that we moved a few years ago to build our shop. Old but it works great for its purpose. Holds quite a few semi loads.

compost barn.jpg

More dust, grinding hay bales. No shortage of dust around here it seems. I've got lots of pictures, not many with SSL's though. I guess theres not a lot of exciting stuff they do around here really compared to everything else.

e7eb2d597693.jpg

No the hay is not supposed to be making dust like that. This was in 2012 when it was a drought. Shouldn't see any dust when its at the right moisture.

2012-05-14_15-51-57_165.jpg

Last edited:

durallymax

I guess our old 5575 is in this picture of our silage pile after we finished that year, I have lots of chopping pictures but wont derail the thread with them unless you want. Traded the 5575 for a plasma cutter though. Very rough shape and stripped the drive plate out. It was ready for the scrap pile, but a buddy of mine had a nice Hypertherm Powermax but it was 480v 3phase which he didn't have and we do. I'm happy. That little yanmar would rattle you numb in 20 minutes.

Rear Silage Pile 2011.jpg

This is the other side waiting for the hundreds probably thousands of tires we get to throw on it.

Front Silage Pile 2011.jpg

Photo op with the pack tractors.

Pack Tractors 2011.jpg

Filling/Packing

Packing Pile 2011.jpg

RCTech9

RC - What cutter do you have on the front and do you like it?

I believe it was simply called the treesaw. It worked alright but we did have to touch it with the welder a couple of times. Are you thinking of trying this for that 150 acres burned up oak that i was reading about on TBN? I go by a different username there as well. Here is a link to their website. http://www.theperfecttreesaw.com/ :)

Grit

durallymax, that's interesting! You have a big operation going on out there. So you are a farmer/rancher? Your slightly rolling hills remind me of our area here in East Texas. We live kind of in a small valley with a creek that runs through the middle of our property. I'd like to see more pics if you have them.

jsinpa

Great pics everyone. Durally, I agree with Grit..That is one sweet operation and place you have. So many toys to have fun with while working. So here is mine....

skid 1.JPGskid 2.JPGskid 7.JPGskid 4.JPG

jsinpa

KSSS,

thought you might like this one...I was pulling into a Lowe's a few weeks ago before one of several big snow storms we got and saw this....I had to take a pic of it because I had never seen tires this size let alone this big on a skid...They were "Lift Rigger II"s...

skid 6.JPG

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
I believe it was simply called the treesaw. It worked alright but we did have to touch it with the welder a couple of times. Are you thinking of trying this for that 150 acres burned up oak that i was reading about on TBN? I go by a different username there as well. Here is a link to their website. http://www.theperfecttreesaw.com/ :)

Ahhh shoot...ya found me out! :D Yes, still searching for a solution for the oaks. I'm leaning towards a Marshall Saw. Thanks for the link.

RCTech9

Ahhh shoot...ya found me out! :D Yes, still searching for a solution for the oaks. I'm leaning towards a Marshall Saw. Thanks for the link.

You can run but you cant hide! :) I have noticed at least two other people from TBN post in this thread.

JNB

Occupation
You can run but you cant hide! :) I have noticed at least two other people from TBN post in this thread.

Reminds me of the Beach Boys song...Get around, get around, I get around. :)

jsinpa

JNB,

how do you like the Case? I noticed you had said about the previous owner strapping the machine down at the handles....is it not a good idea to do that? I picked up a demo/rental Case wheeled loader and that was how the sales guy showed me where to chain it down that way. You said about the boom brace I believe...where is that at on the machine? Any recommendations on grapple buckets for land clearing, etc? I was on quick attach's website and had no idea there was so many different ones. I kind of narrowed it down to looking at their quick claw, eagle talon, or ez grab. I'm looking for the most versatile one for several uses/applications....

JNB

Occupation
I only have one job on the CASE so far, so I really can't pass judgement yet. It's really comfortable though. As far as the tiedowns, the owners manual advises doing it through the handles...too messy for me. The boom brace is the tube running from arm to arm near the quick attach. Much cleaner chain routing. I'm going to weld a small bar on each side at the end of the tube to mimic the setup that Kubota uses so I can use a ratchet boomer on each side in the front.

Quick Attach has some nice looking stuff, but I don't have any experience with them. Pricing in their catalog is better than online I think.

durallymax

JNB,

how do you like the Case? I noticed you had said about the previous owner strapping the machine down at the handles....is it not a good idea to do that? I picked up a demo/rental Case wheeled loader and that was how the sales guy showed me where to chain it down that way. You said about the boom brace I believe...where is that at on the machine? Any recommendations on grapple buckets for land clearing, etc? I was on quick attach's website and had no idea there was so many different ones. I kind of narrowed it down to looking at their quick claw, eagle talon, or ez grab. I'm looking for the most versatile one for several uses/applications....

They don't have a frame tie down at the front? Our NH and Cat's all do and thats how I have always chained. I know you are supposed to secure the boom to I guess, but never do.

durallymax, that's interesting! You have a big operation going on out there. So you are a farmer/rancher? Your slightly rolling hills remind me of our area here in East Texas. We live kind of in a small valley with a creek that runs through the middle of our property. I'd like to see more pics if you have them.

Im not from Texas or any of those southern areas so I have never understood what a Rancher or Farmer is to those people. Up here were all farmers. Guys with "Ranches" are people with a little tractor and a few animals or horses that hobby farm on the weekends and have the whole big diesel dually pickup, cowboy hat, cowbody boots, etc etc. LOL

A couple scenic views cutting and merging. We cut with two triple 34' Pottinger V10 mowers. They will do about 25-40 acres per hour between 8-15mph cutting speed depending on the crop and how hard we condition it. We merge with a 34' Oxbo 334. The point of merging is to make bigger windrows for the chopper. We usually put about 80' into a windrow. In really heavy crops we will put a little less into it, try to keep the chopper around 4-6mph. The last picture is the pack tractors putting the finishing touch on a bunker, we don't usually pack side to side like that but for the final pack its safer as its less likely to roll off the side.

2012-05-15_18-19-04_937.jpg

pottinger rye.jpg

2012-06-05_10-16-02_339.jpg

2012-06-16_08-03-39_889.jpg

Last edited:

durallymax

The Autosteering/GPS we use when mowing hay. Also have a more advanced system for planting corn that controls when to shutoff each row and the population to plant each area at based on what we tell it to plant compared to previous years harvests and such. No use putting extra seed where it wont grow. Our Fendt also has autosteer in it, we use it for mapping where manure was hauled and such. Also just handy to use for any task really.

2012-05-15_15-34-51_308.jpg

Both of the mowers, the Kuhn was traded on another V10. Didn't care for the Kuhn.

20130710_071738_zps979206c2.jpg

One of the pack tractors.

2012-06-02_14-55-42_851.jpg

Sometimes we will chop for other people who make bags. We don't but others do. This is one example of a bigger self propelled bagger, they make a 650hp model too.

IMAG0127.jpg

Last edited:

durallymax

The new Fendt 930 we got last fall, replaced our DT275B Agco. Wanted one since they came over from Germany 12 years ago. Nicest tractor made. German quality too. its "different" though so a lot of American farmers don't like them. Already at 600hrs on it and its been very reliable. At 600hrs our DT275B had spent over 2 months in the shop. Fendt does all of the service for 3000hrs too, oil changes and everything they send a guy out or come pick it up and haul it in. Loaners provided if needed.

20130922_133658_zpse69dc2ac.jpg
20131230_091644_zps34e358b9.jpg

Feed mixer for feeding cows.

Kenworth Mixer 2011.jpg

Belt trailer unloading some wet fiber (manure from digester). We haul most of our own feed by products and such.

Trail King ASHR 2 4284_03.jpg

Last edited:

durallymax

Ready for more.

IMAG0317.jpg

Setup for snaplage where we only chop the ears.

Claas Snaplage 2011.jpg

Normal side loading, either stop and switch trucks or one will drive next to the other one and switch on the go.

Chopping Corn 2011.jpg

Opening up a field

IMAG0314.jpg

IMAG0318.jpg