• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skagit Iron and Steel Works, Sedro Wooley, Washington

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Rob N. Timberwest HBO Div. The #51-54 was the first Skagit Longline yarder to arrive at TW HBO I'm pretty sure it came from New Zealand it had a Skyline Drum that held about 1800-2000 ft. of 1 3/8 power pack cable , our question is what Model is it , BU 98 ?scan1001.jpgscan1002.jpgscan1003.jpg It is self propelled .

Last edited:

camptramp

Occupation
Rob N. Timberwest HBO Div. #51-56 Skagit Longline Yarder , self propelled , this is the Skagit that came from Alaska , it has the big Skyline Drum which holds about 5000 ft. of skyline , would it be a BU 199 ?scan1007.jpg

APIPREZ

Lucas Logging Yarder

same BU 99 JeremyM70. Was owned by Bill Wold from hoopa, ca. he bought it around 1973 from E.E.(chic) Lucas from seiad valley, ca.

As a kid growing up in Seiad Valley, it was pretty exciting seeing E.E. Lucas' equipment go by on the Highway. In fact, must have been '72 or '73 that they parked one of his Yarders out on Hwy. 96 next to my parents place for a couple of days...and to a youngster like my brothers and I...it was cool!

keith olsen

Magazine Ad, 1967. What a neat shot, I had to crop and enlarge for a better look at that Skagit slackline machine- with 110' tower and on a tank! Boy, I'll bet this one would pull! Looks like maybe a MacMillan Bloedell operation.
This picture was taken at Nitnat division of Crown Zellerbach , they got two yarder from Skagit and one had a tyee winch which was smooth compared with the Skagit winch, the truck being loaded is a 1954 HDX owned by Irvin Olsen

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
This picture was taken at Nitnat division of Crown Zellerbach , they got two yarder from Skagit and one had a tyee winch which was smooth compared with the Skagit winch, the truck being loaded is a 1954 HDX owned by Irvin Olsen
Welcome Keith. Perhaps you can post more info for us. I was at Nitinat for 13 yrs. Hope to hear more from you. Bp

camptramp

Occupation
Boulder Bill . Not sure if this is a Skagit or a Tyee Tower , but its interesting . Theres a scab line block over the Haulback and it looks like a Strap from a Butt Rigging Plate that the Main Line & Scab Block are attached to , with a Block on it with the Bite of what looks like the Back line in it . I'm wondering if they are Respooling their Haulback by hanging a Block on the Back line between the Tail Blocks , using the Mainline to pull the Haulback off the Haulback Drum to Respool it . scan479.jpg

TorkelH

Hallback, how are you doing with the BU-94? The only info I can give you is more of historic value: BU-94 A7 was delivered in august 1968, had a 12VA71 and A8 was delivered in january 1969 with a D343 engine. That is so far the written Skagit records goes! Have you asked Rich Lennox?
Anyone have info on BU-94 serial number A-10?