• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Serial number guide?

nickbowers

There are several that give good coverage but the one I use the most is done by Equipment Watch a Primedia Business Information Data Product. Phone number is 1 800 669-3282.

These are spendy but if you are in the business it is the most comprehensive I've used in the last 13 years.

Good Luck!
Are they still the way to go? its $600 dont know if it is worth it since i can just ring up the local dealer of the machine and find out.
Is there any that are cheaper? like $200-300?

Cheers,
Nick

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I would say that unless you are in the business of buying, selling, adjusting insurance losses or appraising heavy equipment you could just do searches on the internet for individual items.

I've been buying them for years and haven't seen that high of price.

nickbowers

I would say that unless you are in the business of buying, selling, adjusting insurance losses or appraising heavy equipment you could just do searches on the internet for individual items.

I've been buying them for years and haven't seen that high of price.

Hi,
I ended up deciding to buy the book, then their website stopped working :mad:
Have emailed them

Chewy63

hello,

first time poster here. i was wondering if someone could varify a serial number for a case 580se for me. it's supposed to be an 86.

serial # 9873959

ty in advance

chewy

diggerdave1958

Hey, Chewy63. I did a quick search of the Case 580SE numbers and in 1984 the Numbers started at 9868100 and ran to 17025399 so i am thinking that the machine is in the 1984 range ??? not sure why the S/N made such a big jump in 1984. I have a 580SE and it S/N is 17043377 and it is a 1986 So i hope this helps ???

Chewy63

Ty diggerdave, and mrkamatsu!!! The hoe is listed as an 86, and as a super e. If it is an 83 or 84 would it be a super e? Should I stay clear of this backhoe? It kinda seems like a good deal, you tell me. 4x4, extenda hoe, cab heat, 4in1, 6500 hrs. $17000. Not sure if the dealer has made a mistake or is trying to pull one over on me! Ty for the replys guys, and I've enjoyed your vids on youtube also diggerdave!!!

Chewy63

Oh ya, sorry for the slow reply!!! For some reason I thought this thread was in the tlb forum. Ty again for looking this up for me!!!

Chewy63

What do you think it is worth? There is a se standard hoe, 2 wheel drive, cab, gp loader bucket for 14k close to me. That seems high to me. Not to many arOund with 4in1 bucket. Chewy

dpaustin

Occupation
Director, End-User Products
TopBid.com Serial Number Guide is a a great reference

Hi all. Thanks for posting the serial number questions and great discussions. I work for Randall-Reilly Publishing, publisher of EquipmentWorld, and whose division TopBid publishes the Serial Number Guide each year. It takes our company several months of work each year to keep this guide updated, and it's easy the most comprehensuve and accurate book available. It's a terrific reference available at http://topbid.com/serial-number-guide.html. The hard copy is $199, and the on-line version $249. I hope you find it helpful!

david_dozerman

I'm trying to find the year for a Komatsu D20A. Serial number is 57241. If anyone has the answer to that I'd be appreciative. Thanks.

ridgelane

Occupation
Rancher
Hi

I'd like to know if anyone out there can find a Michigan 175 III wheel loader serial number for me. I've checked the site but I guess you gotta buy the info. Serial number is C-6H6-9-16. Thanks

ridgelane

Occupation
Rancher
Sorry wrong number. the correct number for the Michigan 175 III is C 6HG9-16. I'd like to know, more or less, the year of manufacture. Thanks..