• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Serial number guide?

SouthOnBeach

Occupation
jack of all trades
Anyone know the names of some good equipment guides for seeing serial number ranges to year? Also where might i find them? :beatsme kinda like the blue books for construction equipment.

snowycuda

For Case equipment you can use the first few numbers to determine the year. ie. and N4C would be a 2004, N5C 2005, etc. The C is a backhoe and a skidsteer would be NXM.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
There are several that give good coverage but the one I use the most is done by Equipment Watch a Primedia Business Information Data Product. Phone number is 1 800 669-3282.

These are spendy but if you are in the business it is the most comprehensive I've used in the last 13 years.

Good Luck!

surfer-joe

Associated Equipment Dealers used to put out a pretty good serial book, don't know if they still do or not. You can email them at; info@aednet.org
and ask how to get your hands on a copy. I carried one for years, may still have it someplace in a box. Ask for AED Serial Number Guide. The Cat Serial Number Guide is good. I'm sure some of the other manufacturers also put out a guide, you will have to ask for the ones you are interested in.

Good Luck!

jyjy992

HI. I am interested to buy a catapillar motor grader and a seller gave me a serial number. I would like to know if there is a web site where I can go and check if this serial number is good or noté

Thank you for your help

Jyjy

bruce oz

sn

hello jyjy992 ,if you post or send me the number ,i will be able to help with the info your after ,bruce oz

diggerdave1958

Can anyone tell me how old the following cat is D6 9U Serial #27912. Thanks

Well i look up the serial number in my "international equipment exchange Kwik reference guide and its a 1958 model the Number from 1958 when from 27414 to 28035 that year. hope that helps :D

diggerop

Occupation
Plant operator, coal mining/ 25 years
We have a 994 at where I work, it was there in 1996 when I started here. It has no letter after 994. I was talking to the cat fitter a couple of days ago and he said it was built before cat put a model letter to them, he did say it was the 213th one built. It is still working but has had a few rebuilds and updates.What year would it have been built?

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    431 KB · Views: 42,171
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    324.8 KB · Views: 42,171

diggerdave1958

Well Diggerop, the 994 series 9YF where build in 1991 and when though 1998 and ended at serial number 00225 hope that helps

dadeer

Hello, i'm interested in purchasing a Champion 710 grader, but the unit was repainted n documents are misplaced. i have the serial number, how can a verify year??
Serial # as taken from unit: 710-157-117-2347-2

Thanks

diggerdave1958

Hi, dadeer. If i am reading the number right it is a 1985 year machine and was made in Columbia SC i think ??? according to my SN guide the 1985 machines ran from SN -2144-2 to 2488-2 not sure what the frist set of numbers are for other than model and ??

dadeer

Hi, dadeer. If i am reading the number right it is a 1985 year machine and was made in Columbia SC i think ??? according to my SN guide the 1985 machines ran from SN -2144-2 to 2488-2 not sure what the frist set of numbers are for other than model and ??

ok thanks! the seller said it was 80' something........... if anybody else can verify this as well i'd appreciate it.