• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Section for komatsu d20,21 and similar grey market dozers

shouldabeen

Occupation
Specialty Services,LLC
I have a D-21 P-7 Joystick control I think its about a 96 model and would like to have the steer lever on the joystick to have less slack you have to move it left and right and seems it should be less slack is there a way to tighten the movement on or at the lever? Turns great just seams to have to much movement in the lever.

Komatsu D21A-6 Good Deal???

I found a 1991 D21A-6 dozer I can buy for $10,825 deliverd from 550 miles away. It looks nice and in good shape. Has about 75% u/c. they say it has about 4000 hours. Does this sound like a good deal?

keito

Seems like a decent sounding deal to me. I bought a D21A for about that price. A nice little machine. My next one I am going to go for a little more power.
I found a 1991 D21A-6 dozer I can buy for $10,825 deliverd from 550 miles away. It looks nice and in good shape. Has about 75% u/c. they say it has about 4000 hours. Does this sound like a good deal?

I got screwed out of it on ebay. I did a buy it now and the seller sold it to someone else the next day. So, I am still looking. Maybe buying a JD 450E Long track but it is quite a bit higher.

Rollin Black

Looking to buy a Komatsu D21A-6 - Fair Deal?

Hello.

New to dozers but looking to purchase a small one to do some clearing of under 5 acres. Mainly small alder 4" to 6" inches and brush. Also gravel driveway upkeep.

Thinking about a Komatsu D21A-6. Seller says it has a good undercarriage, is a 90-92 model. 2293 HRS, sn: 68013. He is asking $8500.

Any hints/thoughts/advice?

Thanks

Hello.

New to dozers but looking to purchase a small one to do some clearing of under 5 acres. Mainly small alder 4" to 6" inches and brush. Also gravel driveway upkeep.

Thinking about a Komatsu D21A-6. Seller says it has a good undercarriage, is a 90-92 model. 2293 HRS, sn: 68013. He is asking $8500.

Any hints/thoughts/advice?

Thanks

I would buy it in a minute. That is a good price if it has good U/C. I just bought a JD 450E Long track forestry dozer with 3100 hours but only 700 on the engine. Has 85% U/C. Has all receipts for maintainance from when it was new. Has 24" wide tracks. Got it for $16,500 delivered from 550 miles away. I was looking at the Komatsu dozers but most sellers are too proud of them and I got screwed out of the one for $10,800 delivered.

Rollin Black

I would buy it in a minute. That is a good price if it has good U/C. I just bought a JD 450E Long track forestry dozer with 3100 hours but only 700 on the engine. Has 85% U/C. Has all receipts for maintainance from when it was new. Has 24" wide tracks. Got it for $16,500 delivered from 550 miles away. I was looking at the Komatsu dozers but most sellers are too proud of them and I got screwed out of the one for $10,800 delivered.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you got a nice deal on the JD450E. Good U/C and all the maintainance receipts sure make a person feel much safer about getting a good machine.

May go look at the D21 tomorrow. Sure hope the U/C is in decent shape. Gonna search this forum for info on U/C condition and what to look for.

Rollin Black

Thanks for the info. I have found some pics here on this site and also some larger sales companies. It helps give me an idea of what looks to be in good shape. But still think need a mechanic to look it over.

Thanks.

wkeggenhoff

Occupation
product support Manager for SMS rents(Komatsu Dist
I have worked for Komatsu for 25 years. No problems with the power shiift trannies.If looked after they will last a long time. Do not use Muligrade oil in them. Additives in the oil that will debond the clutch linings from the steel plates and pile up. USe 10w engine grade in winter and # 30w oil in the summer.

wkeggenhoff

Occupation
Been watching and learning for a few months now I have a reason to post. Not sure if this is the correct place but I need posts to make my own thread.
I just purchased a D65P-8 doser & was wondering what the recommended fluids are for the transmission and finals. I ordered a service manual for it but that may take a while to get here. I am obviously excited to give it a try buy don't want to make any uneducated, expensive mistakes.
I am excited to be part of this forum. Thanks in advance.

#30 engine grade for the final drives and 10w engine grade for winter in cold climatesand # 30 for the summer. Basiclly all komatsu product line use #10 and #30 for all components including the engine as well

IdleUp

IdleUp thanks for the info. Can you PM me some info on yours such as price, year, hours, U/C condition, etc. Also, what you think it might coast to transport it to WA.

Thanks

I believe mine is a 85 model with 2,200 hrs. It has some wear on the UC but for a property owner or contractor the machine will last for years. I was thinking of asking $12,500 for the machine since i just put on a new starter & selenoid for $1200. Email me at: mail@rotory.com if you need any more info.

Thanks

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner-Equipment & Parts Sales
I have all the steering clutches, liners, steel disc, etc. Contact me. Darin

wkeggenhoff

Occupation
as far as I know only availble from OEM. Never been able to source local.Not that expensive for the oem.

DragNut

can anybody tell me were i might find replacement track pads for a Komatsu 155 s track loader?

keito

DR when I am backing up my right track seems to start locking up and pulls me to the right. you said I should look for oil in my brake clutches correct? i have gotten a service manual and that will help me. Any other info you can give me will be appreciated. The dealer told me $850 for an inspection and adjustment. Unless parts are needed. What do you think. Thanks again

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner-Equipment & Parts Sales
Sure is hard to try to pin point when it's not in front of me. :( If you don't have the time it's probably best to have someone look at it. I sure wish I was closer because I would LOVE to earn $850 for an inspection and adjustment. :) Keep in mind that my clutch kits are $650 delivered for both sides so you would still have $200 for whatever. :) You will find out what is wrong once you open it up. Let me know. Darin

mikesmble

My D21S-5 loader has a steering problem.The left steering lever works ok but the when I pull the right lever nothing happens ,machine still goes straight.When I pull both steering levers ,the machine still moves left.The motor does not bog down when I pull the right lever.What would cause this?

The clutch on the left side is probably burnt up and will need to be replaced. You better be ready, I just put new clutches and brakes in a D20 and Komatsu is the only place to get all the parts. The total parts bill was over $5000. Good luck